bad hip pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

bad hip pain

Options
Tania_70
Tania_70 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
So, I’m a dancer since ever, not professional but I just love it, and lately, my hips are aching badly. At first, I thought it could be piriformis syndrome as I suffered from it after my second child was born, but it’s not as the pain source is a lot closer to the illia crest and less to the piriformis area, which got me thinking of my muscles around the hip/pelvis movement – any ideas there? Like all of a sudden, my right leg feels shorter and stiff.

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Tania_70, I totally sympathise, I've been suffering with hip pain for several months, the pain is excruciating and now my leg keeps giving in.
    One doctor told me yesterday that the pain is coming from my lumbar spine, which is quite damaged.
    Maybe you could ask for a scan to check out your lower back?
    Wishing you better soon. Take care. 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Tania_70 :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you're in pain at the moment. We're not medical professionals, so I'd definitely advise you to speak to your GP to see what steps you can take to investigate the source of the pain. 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the dealing with chronic pain category, as that tends to get checked a little more frequently. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness