Upper Tribunal. Is it ok to ask for expediency due to hardship? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Upper Tribunal. Is it ok to ask for expediency due to hardship?

Options
2»

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @cat_hug, I've sent you an email and we'd really like for you to make contact with us if possible.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • cat_hug
    cat_hug Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Mike, Adrian and all the amazing people here. I apologise  profusely for any worry my message caused.
    You wouldn't have to be an acclaimed psychic to know  I was feeling a bit despondent.

Have just re read my last post and realised how it must have sounded. Feel pretty embarrassed about the way I (didnt) handle perceived terrible news. Genuinely am sorry. 

Not an excuse, but I suppose maybe a reason (Which you deserve an explanation), it seemed like my world had literally ended and all I was seeing was negatives. 

I've never to my recollection, experienced full on panic/anxiety attacks, but after getting that letter, it felt like I was trying to hold back tsunamis.  Theyd come in waves and for periods of time I could stop them from consuming me.
    That is, until I couldn't. Narcolepsy and sleep let it in and I woke to chest pains that were totally different to the usual heart discomforts of Angina and tachycardia arrhythmia. My kids (who are home during lockdown) called 111 who sent an ambulance to check I wasn't about to pop my sketchers. 
    It happened again but obviously no Ambo involved that time.
    My memory seems to have done a runner as my timeline from then on is a bit skewed.

I vaguely recall having a little accident with the bathroom door, but didn't really think much on it, as me me and head blows are commonplace, between narcolepsy and dizzy spells etc.
    My daughter mentioned a few times, mum, why are you losing yr balance so much?

The weird thing is, I was getting headaches but again dismissed them in light of history of strokes and brain aneurysm. Then I started with eye trouble and wasn't focusing too well. Just my left eye. Again no big deal. 

I just remember feeling overwhelmingly exhausted, headaches and swollen eye.

I have two full days with hardly any recollection. My kids told me a police person came to check I was OK. I have no memory at all of this nor of speaking with her, nor of any details of things talked about.

My son was due to get train to zlondon but when I woke up, I asked my daughter where her brother was as I was worried he'd miss his train after his shift ended.
    She told me he had left the previous day and that he felt bad leaving when I was not well and a police lady was there for welfare check.

Totally astounded that I've no recall of any of this. Its like nearly two days have been wiped from my memory.

I'm not a drinker, so can't blame that. Not a drug abuser, other than sleeping a marathon and somehow having a chat with both police and my kids, its a total blank.
    Which is why I hadn't been back online (not to my knowledge).

I can only apologise from my heart for any worry caused.

Meantime, the eye swelling has worsened along with my balance. Took a tumble headfirst this morning (luckily in to brambles  and not concrete) so no fear of knocking any sense into my skull!

Daughter managed a miracle Z(without telling me until it was done, cheeky young whippersnapper) and got me a gp video appt.

I've been given 2000mg day antibiotics for a week. In case its deep tissue infection as I'm getting a one sided chubby cheek and half a fat nose where the swelling spreading.
    There's a small comfort in having a potential physical reason for my lost two days but who knows?

Again, sorry for war and peace. Remember, you don't need to really worry about me cos as a Cat, I started out with 9 lives but till have 3 or 4 left .

Mike. I will follow your advice and wait and see and pray in hope that one of the panel will admit to the unfairness of my hearing.

I'm guessing that all or any other routes are closed if ut reject me? No judicial review or supreme court routes?

Before lockdown, there was a journalist who was interested in doing an article about my experiences, a guy from the Canary. I'm not keen on the idea of having my mug or I.d plastered over the news, but if it potentially helps. Is it worth considering do you think? Although it kind of feels like saying 'woe is me' to the world. That said, those three words are applicable to far too many of us in my humble opinion.

What are your thoughts everybody? If you've managed to read up to here without zoning out or falling asleep, I salute you ? ? 

Thank you once again for all the advice, caring and support. Big hug Cat Xx
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi @cat_hug

Thanks for giving us an update, I'm glad to hear you're alright and safe. 

Sorry to hear about what you've had to go through, sounds like it's been a rough few days. I'm glad your cheeky daughter was able to get the video appointment, what a lovely thing for her to do for you :) I hope the treatment helps. 

There's no need to apologise and be embarrassed, you were obviously struggling at the time of your post and that's completely understandable. I hope you found our email and the advice on this page helpful, and please note you can always give Scope's helpline a call if you want to talk through things further with one of the friendly team.

Regarding the journalist, there's no right or wrong answer here really, it's all about what you are comfortable doing. If you are happy to share your experience then it'll be great, otherwise if you don't feel comfortable doing that then there's no problem.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.