Are they doing PIP assessments at the moment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are they doing PIP assessments at the moment?

Options
Aella
Aella Community member Posts: 23 Connected
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've asked formy PIP to be reviewed as I had a stroke recently which left me partiallyblind, so my condition has deteriorated and I think I should get the higher rate.  I sent the form off a few days ago and it asked all the questions about how my condition affects me on the form.  Will I have to have a face to face assessment for this, or are they stopped because of lockdown?  If they're stilldoing face to face they must have a massive backlog by now?
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All assessments are currently done by telephone or paper based. If they decide a F2F is required the assessment will be delayed because all F2F are currently suspended.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Most assessments are done over the phone and a few paper based there are no f2f assessments currently 

Yes there are backlogs 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hello @aello

Sorry to hear you had a stroke recently and that it has impacted your vision, I hope you are recovering well.

As mentioned above, face to face assessments are currently suspended and all assessments are being carried out over the phone or paper based.

On a side note, I'm not certain if you had sight loss prior to the stroke, but have you registered your sight loss with your local authority?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.