Are they doing PIP assessments at the moment?

Options
Aella
Aella Community member Posts: 38 Contributor
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've asked formy PIP to be reviewed as I had a stroke recently which left me partiallyblind, so my condition has deteriorated and I think I should get the higher rate.  I sent the form off a few days ago and it asked all the questions about how my condition affects me on the form.  Will I have to have a face to face assessment for this, or are they stopped because of lockdown?  If they're stilldoing face to face they must have a massive backlog by now?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    Options
    All assessments are currently done by telephone or paper based. If they decide a F2F is required the assessment will be delayed because all F2F are currently suspended.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,933 Championing
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Most assessments are done over the phone and a few paper based there are no f2f assessments currently 

Yes there are backlogs 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,611 Championing
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hello @aello

Sorry to hear you had a stroke recently and that it has impacted your vision, I hope you are recovering well.

As mentioned above, face to face assessments are currently suspended and all assessments are being carried out over the phone or paper based.

On a side note, I'm not certain if you had sight loss prior to the stroke, but have you registered your sight loss with your local authority?