Is my Dad likely to be reassessed? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is my Dad likely to be reassessed?

The_worrier
The_worrier Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Good morning all, my Dad was last reassessed for PiP (I think it might be called something else now) back in 2018-19. He turns 72 in April, is he likely to ever be put through reassessment process again?

Thank you for your help. 

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Hi,

PIP is still a current benefit.  His award letter should state the end date.  Recently there has been the addition of 'soft touch' reviews  for some older people whose conditions are unlikely to change, which would be every 10 years.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Even if he is of retirement age he can still be reassessed as above it depends when his award us due to end and if he would fall under the light touch review 
  • The_worrier
    The_worrier Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Thanks guys, the last letter he had said he would be reassessed in 2023. So looks like they we reassess him then. Twice now they've put my Dad through hell. Oh well, we dealt with them then we'll do it for a 3rd time. 

Thank you. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.