Disability & employment solicitor recommendations? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability & employment solicitor recommendations?

hengster
hengster Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hello, is there anyone in the community here who can recommend an employment solicitor with great knowledge , awareness and understanding of disability and mental health issues ? This is to help me with my circumstances with employer. Thank you.  
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

It depends on the area you are from 

You can get good advice from ACAS who are free and their website has lots of information 

I have knowledge of employment law too and may be able to give some general advice 
  • DollyMix00
    DollyMix00 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I found my solicitor through Google. I did try ACAS, but found them to be useless, though the information on the website is helpful.

My suggestion would be to Google for them and pick a few, email/call them with a brief outline of your issue. The solicitor I found was absolutely brilliant and did the best for me.

Just as a word of warning, I did email a few and they never answered, which can be disheartening. Don't give up as you will find one. I also contacted citizens advice, who had a list of solicitors but I didn't go with any of their choices, they also could offer advice. Hope that helps.

Brightness