meal replacement diets — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

meal replacement diets

cupcake88
cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
edited March 2021 in Coffee lounge
Hi there in one year I have put  on nearly 4 stone I put this down to my lack of movement lack of exercise and one of the side affects to my meds is over eating so I have put on a lot of weight I’m the heaviest I have ever been  . I tried calorie counting which I find it hard to stick to I was recommended a meal replacement diet done via my local pharmacy so only the pharmacy can order it in for you and they monitor you . I have explained that I will weight my self weekly and let them know as I would struggle to go to the pharmacy each week to be weighed . It’s quite a extreme diet 3 shakes a day no food your allowed to drink water and herbal teas . I plan on doing it for a month . 

Has any one else done any sort of diet like this was it hard ? Did you get good results . I would really like it if you could all cheer me on ha I’m gonna need to the encouragement. 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there

I did the cambridge diet years ago which is similar but there was shakes or soup or bars you could have 

I did lose weight and my mum lost a lot 

It was hard and I gave up as they started to make me vomit 

One downside to it was as soon as started to eat again all weight piled back on 

My advice is you have yo change your eating habits it's not a short term diet that works 

Eat healthily and lose weight slowly 

Maybe your gp can refer you to dietician or they run a weight loss programme 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Must admit that whenever I decide to lose weight, which is quite often all I do is cut down, fewer cakes/puddings/biscuits and smaller portions of food, usually gets half a stone off in a week.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    I have used them before and done pretty well, as people have said the problem is when you start to eat properly again, the weight seems to pile back on, I am currently trying again and aiming to alter my diet when weaning of the shakes slowly while increasing activity at the same time
  • cupcake88
    @janer1967 my cousin did that diet and she went from a size 24 to a size 6 but she ended up putting some weight back on she went to like a size 10 as she said keeping at size 6 once diet had ended she said she really struggled I remember her Adding hot sauce to every thing to all her meal replacement soups . 

I think it he really hard but I have every thing ordered should get it early next week . I think once I get down most of the weight I have put on I will just east healthier . But I need a head start if that makes sense I can’t even look in the mirror with out getting Upset . How much weight did you loose if you don’t mind me asking xx
  • cupcake88
    @woodbine that’s good I I have tried cutting out the snacks but I still over snack I have tried calorie counting that didn’t go well I think I really need a kick start and need to loose quite a lot of weight and then I can come off the diet and try and eat healthier , I think this will kick start my healthier eating well
    i hope so . 
  • cupcake88
    @Garza. Hi there can I ask how much weight you loss and how long did it take ? Was it all meal replacement shakes you have or did you have food also ? I have seen people loose so much weight on these diets online I know people call these fad diets and I know with my cousin she went down to being really tiny and she ended up putting some Weight back on , 
    Ideally I would like to loose 6 stone  but I want to start on loosing  4 stone im
    hoping this will give me a kick start and I’ll be Able to
    update you all let you know how I’m getting on . 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck with the diet @cupcake88, I'm sure you will do great and it's always worth thinking of what the end result will be, I imagine you'll feel really good once you've achieved this. 

Keep us updated on your progress :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • cupcake88
    Hi every one started my diet today the first shake was ok it tasted like strawberry but not like a nice macdonalds milk shake . I’m already finding it hard and it’s my first day ha but the shake did make me feel full I’m not feeling hungry but I’m feeling like I want to snack but I’m really trying to take my mind off food . 

• janer1967
    It will get easier especially as you get used to it and see the results 
  • emzixox
    emzixox Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    I'm calorie counting with my fitbit atm makes it easier but I've done slimfast before if u feel like snacking drink some water or sugar free squash as you may just be thirsty instead paint ur nails so u can't snack as they dry lol x good luck hun
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
       Don't think it as you need to loose 4 stone, aim to loose a little every week. Even a couple of pounds will seem like an achievement and as you get to the 1 stone loss mark it will spur you to carry on. 
  • cupcake88
    @janer1967 thanks so much for your kind words i really hope I do loose weight my first week I’ll be upset if I don’t loose any thing how much did you loose on your first week of doing the diet ?

• cupcake88
    @emzixox thanks so much hun for your support . How many calories are having ? Do you set your self a daily amount ? 

Thanks for the advice xx 
  • cupcake88
    @vikingqueen thanks for the kind words and encouragement. .   Xx
  • janer1967
    @cupcake88 I'm not sure ir was many years ago probably about 30 years lol 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    The start will always be the most difficult period @cupcake88, but I'm sure you'll get used to it :) hope all goes well.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness