ME AGAIN — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ME AGAIN

kes2611
kes2611 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
Am gettin nervous bout my PIP call tom.Do they take MH  issues seriously n how they affect people.My MH is really bad n it affects my daily life.I spend most days in bed n hardly eat.Only have a microwave n not had a proper meal for days.My friend does check on me n promps me ro do stuff n check i still alive! Am worried they will not b bothered n it wont count at all..If i go out i get scared n shout at people.Have also started shouting random words like in a MH sort of way.I l know they will stop my PIP n have told my friend plans r in place to mayb do somethin to myself when it stopped.I have no family n am tryin to get support but it takes ages.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    I would advise that you make a note of all the points that you want to make and refer to them, they will take your issues seriously and they will listen, I know its a difficult time but literally millions of people get through the assessment and get the award thats right, Its easy for me to say try not to worry but please if at any time you think you are in danger of harming yourself either call the samaritans 24/7 freephone 116 123 or telephone 999 for help.
    And do remember we are here to support you.
    Good luck x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• berry123
    berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
  • kes2611
    Can i ask does helping somebody class as prompting? I have to b prompted to eat,get up etc.I dint mean pysical help i mean checked on etc
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    PIP assessment guide part 2: the assessment criteria - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
    Prompting = Reminding, encouraging or explaining by another person.
    Assistance = Physical intervention by another person and does not include speech.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • kes2611
    Just spoke to pip cause wanted to ask couple of things n they said assesor will have acess to previous claims n they include letters from my doc wich lists my medical problem n they include my MH n depression.So feel not do nervous now.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    kes2611 said:
    Just spoke to pip cause wanted to ask couple of things n they said assesor will have acess to previous claims n they include letters from my doc wich lists my medical problem n they include my MH n depression.So feel not do nervous now.
    I'm glad that conversation has helped, I hope things go well. Please ensure you read our latest email for further advice. 

Take care
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • kes2611
    edited March 2021
    Can somebody post a link to the questions n the form n poins for each one please.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @kes2611 This is a link to the PIP table of activities and descriptors you will be scored points against.  Good luck today, I'm rooting for you and we will all be here to support you come what may  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    kes2611 said:
    Can somebody post a link to the questions n the form n poins for each one please.
    PIP points system (benefitsandwork.co.uk)
    make sure you scroll down and read the bit that explains the reliability test.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.