Hi, I'm ashgizmo3169Q! I don't think my PIP assessment went well. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm ashgizmo3169Q! I don't think my PIP assessment went well.

ashgizmo3169Q
ashgizmo3169Q Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, my pip phone assessment was Monday I don't think it went to good the lady was very in your faces with the question. My care manager wrote her report and care plan for my daily living as a change and now I need carers 3 times a day. I felt like I had to justify myself it was not a good assessment. They say there to change but not as far as I can see .

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Hello @ashgizmo3169Q and welcome to our community.  I'm sorry you don't feel that the PIP assessment went well.  Try not to worry too much though as you never know, and there is always the option to ask for a mandatory reconsideration if the decision doesn't go as your way.

You could also call PIP and ask for a copy of the assessment report (PA4) from next Monday which will give you some idea of the award recommended by the assessor.  

I have my fingers crossed for you and please let us know how you get on.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • ashgizmo3169Q
    Thank u for your reply I ring today for the report they have sent it out today yes maybe I will get the better outcome 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

I know it's easy to say dont worry but it is part of the assessors job to question you and for you to justify your claim 

Fingers crossed let us know what the report says 
  • kes2611
    kes2611 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
    @ashgizmo3169Q Hope u get good result x
  • ashgizmo3169Q
    edited March 2021
    Thanks, guys for your replies I keep u posted on how I get on.  I have a copy of my assessment. Next week 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.