Love my shower stool! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Love my shower stool!

Options
Kit_
Kit_ Community member Posts: 31 Connected
I got a swivel shower stool for about £20 and wow it’s a game changer! I can’t believe it took so long for me to get one, I didn’t realise they were so cheap and convenient. I’d been looking at shower chairs which are much more expensive and didn’t realise the stools existed, it’s also great to sit on to brush my teeth, do my hair etc so actually better than a fitted chair for me as I can move it around the bathroom. 
I didn’t think I needed one & I can cope without but didn’t realise how hard showers were without it. If you’re thinking of getting one I’d say go for it, money well spent!
I’m now looking for a light folding stool that I can take out and about with me so I don’t have to stand in queues and at bus stops (when I can leave the house again). I’m thinking of looking at camping gear?

Comments

• newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    Options
    Great news. glad you are so pleased.  Shooting stick?  Or, a wheeled walker so you rest your weight while walking, and it carries your shopping as well as makes a seat.?
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Kit_ it's amazing how 1 piece of equipment can make so much difference and a great price too. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great @Kit_! I'm glad something so inexpensive has made such a difference.

A family member of mine bought a shooting stick-type thing from a camping/outdoors shop quite cheaply, and it seems to work for them. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Kit_
    Kit_ Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
    I saw some very lightweight folding stools which I think will do the trick. I have HSD so walking is fine but standing still really hurts all of my joints and there are way too many bus stops without seats near where I live. I'll probably feel a bit embarrassed at first but I'll just have to get over that so I'm not in so much pain.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great stuff, that sounds good @Kit_ :) 

There's no need to be embarrassed, but I can understand why you might feel a little conscious of it at first. It'll be well worth it to be in less pain. I've seen people out with them, so you're definitely not the only one. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness