Question About The My Decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question About The My Decision

Options
jimmyjamtom18
jimmyjamtom18 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I've been on pip for quite a few years I've recently been reassessed and lost my pip completely as I scored 2 points but I've started a MR because I noticed that the My Decision Part explaining there decision did not at all match with what and how I described my conditions and how they effect me daily has anyone else had any experience similar or any advice to offer 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

If you look in the PIP section you will see lots of examples similar to yours 

All you can do is the mr and detail all descriptors you disagree with the points and why 

Give 2 real life examples for each one on how you perform the tasks and what happens 

Good luck let us know how you get on 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello I put in for a change of circumstances last September 2020. My award was extended at the same time. I had my phone assessment in early January so requested my assessment report shortly afterwards. After receiving it I was the same award as before. The HP had noted on five of the activities/descriptors that because I drive an non adapted automatic car and use two mobility scooters a boot type and class 3 for dog walking she deemed I should be capable of doing the activities I was reporting a change of circumstances. I have requested that my award is looked at again and downloaded the form and sent a 10 page response to each of the activities I was marked down having sent ind details of my inabilities and help or assistance that is given in my application form. So it a mater now of waiting. I phoned yesterday and was informed that my new award will continue to be paid until a new award is granted or remains the same..Make sure you have medical evidence and supporting letter from health professionals stating your diagnosis, inabilities ect as this is paramount to wining your MR.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.