Forced Assessment without an appointment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Forced Assessment without an appointment

Options
tina1148
tina1148 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
I was left a voicemail by an independent assessor for PIP today asking me to ring them.  Can they try to make me do a telephone assessment without an appointment.  I want to be prepared as to what my rights are to have a pre arranged appointment time before i ring them.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @tina1148 you are usually given notice of an assessment they may have been ringing to arrange one . You can rearrange any appt once and you can say you need some notice to prepare 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @tina1148, hello the assessment company normally will write to you informing you of the date and time and the number they will call you on.if this is not convenient or the wrong number you then have the opportunity to amend the number and rearrange the assessment time. You will or should get a call the day before to remind you plus a text if using a Mobil phone.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @tina1148 did you phone them back?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.