Received letter - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received letter

2»

Comments

• berry123
    berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
    @Sandy_123 true you move on not end of the world but not giving up
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    @berry123 and @anxiousbird I wish you both best of luck with it all if the mr doesn’t work then appeal there have been so many people on the forum who have had decisions over turned on a mr and a appeal . Just think of all that back pay x 
  • berry123
    @cupcake88 canninask you something whenndoing MR can I put the point that I think I should got on MR letter
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    You have to first get the descriptors in front of you you can find these online and then you then you select which one applies to you and then explain why it applies to you 

you should tell them 

why you disagree with there decision 

How many points you think you should of scored for each activity 

Give examples of how your daily life is affected. 

Send what supportive evidence you have .

it  will be a complete different assessor looking at it . 

If you could request a copy of your report that can be handy for when filling out the form . I just want to clarify I’m no expert I haven’t done a mr my self this is information I have looked up for you and from what I have learnt from being on this forum I hope this helps.

if you could get your asthma nurse to write some thing for you that be great . 

Also a friend or family member could write some thing it really counts as evidence . I think the dwp took into consideration a lot to what my partner had to say bout my illness as he’s really seen how my illness affects so it’s really worth asking some one who knows you well to write some thing about your day to day life living with your disability. 

I think I was really lucky as I had the crisis team and my partner help me fill out the forms also they helped me with my evidence . 

• berry123
    @cupcake88 thank you so much my daughter doing the MR and I get supporting  evidence
  • anxiousbird
    anxiousbird Community member Posts: 162 Pioneering
  • berry123
    @anxiousbird dont give up.  I just hope both of us get good results with our MR

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.