LETTER — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LETTER

kes2611
kes2611 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
Just got copy of my report.Am shaking as dont want to read it.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Try calm down have a cuppa then open it 
  • kes2611
    Mostly lies n only 2 things ticked but i dont really understand it all.
  • kes2611
    I just phoned pip n no decision has been made yet but it with DM already.He said this is why they dont like sending out copies of reports cause it causes distress n confusion.In my report he has ticked does not need help with dressing then underneath it says does not get dressed due to depression n spends weeks in sane clorhes n needs prompting so what he writtern does not go with what he ticked.Hopefully DM will have acess to much more info.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    What’s points have been recommended in the report? 
  • kes2611
    I know DM will side with assesor report even though they have past claims to look at n docs letters so mite as well end it all as have notjing keft.Everybody on here says DM goes with report so whats the point.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    The DM will usually go with the report but it has to be stressed NOT always, all you can do now is wait for the final decision and then go for an MR if its not what you expected.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    The point is that the PIP decision isnt all your life is worth . 

You are a valued member of this community and we all are here to support you whatever the outcome 

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @kes2611 How are you feeling today?  I sent you an email yesterday, if you could give it a little read and get back to me that would be great :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • kes2611
    When i get my decision letter that will have 0 points on it cause they will go with report even though i worse since last assesmet i not gonna appeal as dont have strength. my brother waiting for me.....
  • MarkM88
    Have you even added up what the assessor recommends? 
  • kes2611
    Yes 4 for daily living n 4 for mobility but letter v confusing as underneath the boxes where he writes notes on each page it says needs prompting n other stuff so not sure.
  • kes2611
    Perhaps when i filled out my claim form i shd have put no change cause nothing has changed i have just got worse but i wanted to explain things n it was v similsr to what i wrote last tine. I suffer with amxiety m panic m if i go out n start 2 panic i start shoutin n causeing a scence. I have slipped disc n walking is v hard m have to keep stoppin but cause i said i cld go shpppin but had to keep stoppin to rest my bck i scoted no points. I think it v unfair n pip is v hard to get for mental health issues.i scored no points for not needing any help on planning a journey cause it mite cause distress wich is not fair. I hope DM does not go with report n looks at all my evidence from last claim. 
  • MarkM88
    I have no experience of a review. I am led to believe though that’s it not recommended to put “no change” so I think you have done the right thing explaining things. 

• kes2611
    Gonna wait on decision letter n see how i feel then.I did write 3 page letter when sent back claim form so am hopeing DM looks at docs letters n does not go just by report.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.