PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Scored 0 on PIP, assessor contradicts self. Please help.

RazdvaRazdva Member Posts: 3 Listener
Now, I've seen a lot of posts about PIP discriminating against mental health, and DWP deliberately not recording conditions that have been mentioned. But I was hoping these were old posts or were a small number of cases.
I have been scored 0 in every single category. The assessor talks about how I have difficulty in many of the categories such as: preparing meals, managing my health conditions & medication, going to therapy, washing/bathing, dressing, engaging with people face-to-face, planning and following journies. I soley rely on others for all of these or don't do them at all. BUT scores me 0 in every one of those categories and says that I can do all of those unaided, when actually I rely entirely on others for that.
Also the report says there is no evidence of cognitive and memory issues just because I have video games as a hobby and can SOMETIMES drive. Even though I had a 15 minute conversation on the call explaining how little my poor memory stretches and is non-existant (we went back to this several times).
The report details me having good rapport with the interviewer (apparently it's a crime to be charismatic, I also wasn't sober), and I apparently did not appear aggitated, anxious or tense. This is incorrect, as I had to get substance abuse to even attempt the call because of my anxiety, I was talking at super speed, and I was tripping over my words. 
She also says that anxiety cannot be used as an excuse for not leaving the house, is this right? She goes on to outline that I have no psyhical issues stopping me from moving about, so no problem there.
I am right on the border of stopping functioning as a person. Please tell me if I stand a chance to win a review, if you guys think I'm eligible?

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 12,053 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I an sorry about your PIP assessment have you had the decision or just the report ? 

We hear of this happening so if you think you are eligible for more points then you need to submit a mr if you have had the decision 

Its not easy for us to say if you should be awarded or not as we dont see how you are affected 

With your mr could you get a supporting letter from who it us that helps you detailing all they do for you 

Also go through each descriptor and give real examples of what happened when you tried to do tasks if you cant do them why cant you 

There is lots of advice on here to help you 

Good luck and let us know how you get on 
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • RazdvaRazdva Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi,

Yes this is the decision, declined with 0 points in every category. I have come up with a lot of examples to counter what the assessor has said I am able to do in her explanation section. A lot of the statements she made are just incorrect, and some not even considering information on condtions that I have already supplied.
    Thanks for the help, I'll try to be more descriptive and a letter from my carer's, hopefully I will get a different outcome
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 12,053 Disability Gamechanger
    Try not to focus on the assessor and what they have put as accusations of lies wont get you anywhere 

Remeber it is the assessors OPINION  on how you are affected not necessarily reality 

Just concentrate on giving factual real life examples for each descriptor 

Success at mr stage is quite low and often you get same outcome but the success rate at tribunal is much higher 
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • shandogthecatshandogthecat Member Posts: 11 Connected
    OP, the exact same thing has just happened to me, you're certainly not alone, as depressing as that is.
  • ASDIBSASDIBS Member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Exactly the same thing happened to my son. He's great at everything because he said that he plays video games and guitar in his spare time. He can remember everything even though he clearly asked me the answer to most of the questions that were being asked. I applied for an appeal before joining this forum and therefore concentrated on the reasons why the assessor's report was wrong. I didn't necessarily accuse her of telling lies but I did put reasons why the information was incorrect and I also added in bits that she failed to include. We're now waiting for an appeal date. 
  • anxiousbirdanxiousbird Member Posts: 156 Courageous
    In the same boat. In the process of writing an MR myself. Best of luck! 
  • RazdvaRazdva Member Posts: 3 Listener
    I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone, as sorry state as that is! I have never been more afraid for my future than i am right now, I hope we all get through this safe & sound. Wishing you all the best.
  • berry123berry123 Member Posts: 256 Courageous
    @anxious and @Razdva I'm in the process sending my MR on monday  there is hope good luck guys 
Sign in or join us to comment.