PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Hi, I'm sherriedawn51! Is it routine to wait 8 weeks for a PIP decision?

sherriedawn51sherriedawn51 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 12 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi, I put in a pip claim way back in September 2020, I literally  had my assessment  just over 2 weeks ago, I've phoned today to find out how long I have to wait for a decision  to be told upto 8 weeks.... whattttt..... it's already been 5 and half months since I first claimed.... surely it doesnt take this long.... I know of people who claimed  after me and have already had there decision..... 

Replies

• Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 4,417

Scope community team

Hi @sherriedawn51 and welcome to our community,

It's normal to have to wait around 8 weeks after your PIP assessment to get the decision and there are regional variations in how long the overall process can take unfortunately.  While you are waiting to hear you can ring the DWP for a copy of the assessors report which will give you an indication of the likely outcome.  If you need any help on receiving this, please let us know.  Good luck.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

It is normal for the process to take about 6 months to complete that us why reviews are sent out 6 months before 

Due to covid it caused huge backlogs due to assessments not taking place till they started the phone assessments 

Like anything with DWP it isnt quick 
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • sherriedawn51sherriedawn51 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Jane, this is for a first time claim not a review for an existing claim
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi yes I am aware it is new claim but was just pointing out that is the normal sort of timescales and why even reviews are expected to take 6 months 

As mentioned you can request copy of your report to see whet has been recommended 
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • sherriedawn51sherriedawn51 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Yes I have requested  a copy thanks jane
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,394 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello I put my change of circumstances in September 2020 had my phone assessment in early January 21 and my award notification letter arrived early March. But by having the assessment report I was able to prepare evidence and supporting information for my MR which is being attended too.
Sign in or join us to comment.