esa assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa assessment

estpow
estpow Community member Posts: 16 Listener
hi everyone . i rang dwp to see if they had any news on assesment. i was told that a decision had been made and that someone will ring me in a day or two. just wondering why she couldnt just tell me on the phone . she said she couldnt see it herself oy that it had been made . thanks all

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    estpow said:
    hi everyone . i rang dwp to see if they had any news on assesment. i was told that a decision had been made and that someone will ring me in a day or two. just wondering why she couldnt just tell me on the phone . she said she couldnt see it herself oy that it had been made . thanks all
    If they couldn't see it that would be why they couldn't tell you.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • estpow
    lol yes agreed . but my question was . if she could see it . would she have been ae to tell me or is it standard that they only tell you by letter ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

They do sometimes tell you over the phone depends whi you speak to luck of the draw 

Surprised they said they would call you though you are normally informed by letter 

It takes 24 hours for their system to update with the decision so that will be why she couldn't see it 
  • estpow
    they said they would call and also send a letter . i was told also last week that it is in my favour . and the assesor recommended support group . would you know how long after i get that decision letter until i get payment/backpay if owed any . thankyou 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It can take a while for back pay but in some cases they have had the money before the letter 

Payments should start in next pay after decision if you are entitled 
  • estpow
    hi again im also cur
  • estpow
    hi im just curious . question 40 on the report i recieved from esa assessment .  says harmful information not to be disclosed .  is that the same on all reports or just some ?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @estpow

Just to let you know, I've merged your threads together to keep them in this one spot.  Glad to hear the decision has gone in your favour.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • estpow
    ok thankyou . great . x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.