Pip tribunal dwp phoning before date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal dwp phoning before date

Options
killerleo86A
killerleo86A Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I was wondering if this has happened lodged an appeal two weeks ago and not recieved a date yet. Pip rang today asking more questions about medication and other things. Is this normal ? Are they doing this now never had it before ??

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Sometimes they may decide to make an offer before it goes to tribunal.  Not saying this is what is happening but it could be why they are asking more questions 
  • killerleo86A
    Options
    Was buzzard at end she said She said if I need anything else I will phone u if not u will hear back next week some point with the outcome if it will be going any further to tribunal
  • killerleo86A
    Options
    DWP are legally obliged to review all appealed cases before allowing the appeal to proceed. Mostly nothing happens. Occasionally someone goes “oh hang on” and you’ll get either exactly what you were asking for or an offer, Be wary of offers. They will offer less than your entitlement every time. They’ll either offer the right award or the right award length but not both. That’s okay. Accept the offer; get some money and then lodge a further appeal to get the rest, or, just refuse the offer and carry on to appeal. Little to lose as by the time DWP are making offers they know they’re in trouble if you go to app 

at end she said She said if I need anything else I will phone u if not u will hear back next week some point with the outcome if it will be going any further to tribunal 
  • ASDIBS
    ASDIBS Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    My son also received 2 telephone calls from DWP when we appealed. However, my son will not answer his phone if he goes not recognise the number and not expecting the call and therefore we are unaware why they called. We were only made aware as when we received our tribunal bundle, it states the 2 calls were made but were unanswered. I did call DWP to ask but the gentleman said that he could not help as system just said phone calls from appeals team.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @killerleo86A

I've moved your thread to our PIP, DLA and AA discussion category and with you all the very best with your appeal, good luck.

@ASDIBS Also, good luck to you and your son.  Please let us know if we can help at any point.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • ASDIBS
    ASDIBS Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    @Cher_Scope thank you. Will do,  it's a nightmare if I'm honest ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.