Women's safety - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Women's safety

2»

Comments

• Audinut70
    Audinut70 Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    My brother was 64, regularly used the gym, a lot fitter than me at 50. I've got a grip on that.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Audinut70 said:
    woodbine said:
    Had to laugh earlier the police at clapham common waited till the sun had gone down before they started to arrest those having a vigil, you really could not make it up.
    How does risking more lives with these selfish meetings help anyone? Ill bet none of the crowd have lost anyone to this savage virus! It's not just their lives their playing with. Ive got no time what so ever for people who dont take this virus seriously. Me ,as well as millions of others are waiting for medical procedures, but these,putting themselves in at risk,spreading the disease will get treatment before us. A great way of respecting a loss of life. 
    I think most were taking it very seriously and all that I saw were wearing mask even the duchess of Cambridge went to lay flowers and pay respects, the police totally over reacted and nothing short of the dismissal of Cressida Dicke will do this time.
    In case you might have missed it only 8,000 people are currently in hospital being treats for CV19 down from 50,000 a few short weeks ago.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Audinut70
    You said it yourself, 'most' were wearing masks. My brother only let his neighbour into his house, cost him his life. And yes,I'm angry with him. Only 8000 still in hospital! Chronicle today expecting 3rd wave. Any gathering is unacceptable, forget science, thats just a way of finding a way arund problems, common sense wins that argument. Everyone will have there own argument, until they lose a loved one, i promise you, it sharp changes your attitude to this virus. 
  • woodbine
    If a third wave includes many less deaths, lots fewer cases and hospital admissions down 80% then isn't that anything but a third wave? Of course every lost life is a tradgedy, but let's hope with 24 million having had their first jab we are on our way out of this shocking period in our lives.

• Audinut70
    edited March 2021
    So why take unnecessary risks? I'm a man,and I'm disgusted how women have to live with violence/abuse. But putting other lives at risk doesn't do anything for anyone. I couldn't go to my  brother's service, reason why? He lived 200 miles away, why should this be more important? There are numerous ways of showing support for causes like this.
    But now there's another problem, people want to make big crowds, the police say no, just go and do it anyway, the police will get the blame. Do people not think their job is hard enough?
    Scenario, a woman is attacked, but there's no police about, oh,thats because a load if people wanted to have a nice big gathering, and the police had to be there. There is just absolutely NO excuse for gatherings right now. 
  • scottishdanny
    scottishdanny Posts: 4 Listener
    What a bunch of covid sheep. Obv haven't looked beyond the main stream media     ie BBC and sky       do some research.

Good government sheep do as your told regardless to the facts and harm      

1000s of people die each year from flu        
  • woodbine
    One last comment, a policeman (allegedly) murders a young woman, members of the public are outraged and want to show some empathy then the police clamp down, odd is it not?

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    In my early 20 s Before being in a abusive relationship I was never scared of any thing I would walk my dog and all different times some times really late at night or really early in the morning . 

Since being abused my ex partner  my faith in the police and the Justice system has gone really down hill . 

It’s very sad what’s happened to this poor lady who was walking home especially by a police man we are supposed to trust the police . It’s all very sad and I hope he’s fully punished to the maximum . 

I don’t understand tho why this ladies case in particular has caused such a up roar if some one could fill me in that be great it’s terrible what’s happened to her but there have been other ladies who have been out and who have been attacked and murdered is it because this has been done by a police man ? 

I still live day to day re living bad memories , with my mental illness caused by that trauma I went threw years again and I just never really feel relaxed and safe if the door bell goes or my phone rings I go into a massive panic . 

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    @scottishdanny Just a friendly reminder to be considerate of other people's experiences, particular those who have sadly lost loved ones to covid-19.  Although the topics discussed generate different views, we ask all our members to be respectful of others' opinions even if they don't agree with them.  See our online community guidelines for more details. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • scottishdanny
    scottishdanny Posts: 4 Listener
    @scottishdanny Just a friendly reminder to be considerate of other people's experiences, particular those who have sadly lost loved ones to covid-19.  Although the topics discussed generate different views, we ask all our members to be respectful of others' opinions even if they don't agree with them.  See our online community guidelines for more details. 
    Why don't you move to China if freedom of speech and facts ain't allowed because it hurts the same snowflakes that can't handle the truth 
  • Audinut70
    woodbine said:
    One last comment, a policeman (allegedly) murders a young woman, members of the public are outraged and want to show some empathy then the police clamp down, odd is it not?
    So taking more police off the streets and putting other people lives at risk is ok?
  • Audinut70
    My 14 year old son was robbed and left in a pool of blood, he now suffers ptsd,should he just man up and get on with it? Mental health hasn't got time limits. Can i ask why you're here? i dont recall seeing any introduction.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    @Audinut70 I'm sorry to hear about your experience and you have my sympathy.  The comment in question has now been removed and I apologise you had to read it.  We can never delete how our words impact others but where any content breaches the online guidelines please be reassured action will be taken by the team.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Audinut70
    I was more concerned how it would have made cupcake88 feel. I just didnt understand why he was here if he just wanted to skit people's problems. I've got strong opinions but i try to respect people's feelings. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I am not being disrespectful or rude but the thread is suposed to be about women's safety why does everything turn to corona virus which is off topic there are corona virus threads where those comments can be put  its a shame that a perfectly good  topic and thread has gone off topic 
  • Audinut70
    I'm sorry, what was my last post? It was about a woman's mental health after domestic violence, whats that got to do with covid?
  • Audinut70
    Why don't you move to China if freedom of speech and facts ain't allowed because it hurts the same snowflakes that can't handle the truth 
    Why dont you move to a forum where your more suited. This forum is for support, and discussion, not abuse. 

Brightness