Shortages....... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Shortages.......

fluffycat
fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
edited March 2021 in Coffee lounge
First it was toilet roll / kitchen towel / flour / tin food / Hand Gel (and the scalpers were let loose!!)
THEN
Cat litter / Bubble Bath 
NOW
Cat Food 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I actually went shopping on fri for the first time since 23/12 (had deliveries since then) and I noticed how many gaps there were round our (massive) Tesco's
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• fluffycat
    woodbine said:
    I actually went shopping on fri for the first time since 23/12 (had deliveries since then) and I noticed how many gaps there were round our (massive) Tesco's
    I went to one store and they were picking for online, so explains if no stock on shelves in that place. 
  • fluffycat
    edited March 2021

@mikehughescq

Lol there were loaves n potatoes etc. dumped in a local park cos people over-bought then no sense to freeze the bread and store potatoes etc. (Ignoring best before)

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I didnt have shortages but very frustrating asda dudnt deliver a full crate of my shopping on saturday over £30 of goods all my fresh stuff 

Their customer service centre were shocking they dont redeliver no good will gesture just refund for missing items   not that I could understand them as very strong accent 

Now got to go put today buy some food 

Time before they had no stock of over 10 items I had ordered 

Just had a call from the store actually to apologise and gave me their number if any further problems 
  • fluffycat
    @janer1967

What a kerfuffle (suppose to save time n angst online!)
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I have a very restricted diet and found lots of my 'regulars' missing over the last year.  I've had to double up when they are available just in case they're not the next time.  Of course, if several of us are doing that, it's not going to help the situation lol!

I've also noticed the quality of several items decline during the pandemic.  :(

Brightness