Harry and megan interview - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Harry and megan interview

13»

Comments

• Audinut70
    Audinut70 Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    Even if she did, I don't think it would be for too long before William takes over, Charles is no spring chicken anymore. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Personally I think the queen should retire and enjoy the last years of her life without the stress of being the monarch after all she has done it all if her adult life 

This would also allow younger her to take over and be more in touch with society   I would like to see William take over rather than Charles but not to the detriment of his young children 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I’ve never heard of the Queen having any hobbies as such, so retiring might be a really bad idea, what would she do instead? I’m sure she has thought about her age etc and decided to carry on for as long as possible. In fact in private I bet they all agree that the Queen does a better job than Prince Charles could ever do, so why not carry on.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,709 Disability Gamechanger
    I think the queen has always kept horses as a hobby and a business to race. Also racing pigeons and supports arsenal foot ball club. The queen is part of a monarchy that stays on throne to death. Be very sirprised if she retired, she handed a lot of the jobs to Charles. 
  • AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    I wonder who's idea was this interview and what did they want form it?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    janer1967 said:
    Personally I think the queen should retire and enjoy the last years of her life without the stress of being the monarch after all she has done it all if her adult life 

This would also allow younger her to take over and be more in touch with society   I would like to see William take over rather than Charles but not to the detriment of his young children 
    I think it would be the sensible decision for the Royals to make, for William to become King, all it would take is for Charles to abdicate when the Queen dies, William and Kate would be an asset to the country in the way the Queen has been for 69 years.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Audinut70
    edited March 2021
    I agree with that. But,back to topic.
    Meghan suicide thoughts, she says she had no help from the Royal family! Didn't she say that she didn't even tell Harry? Or are they supposed to read her thoughts? She says she confronted one of the household staff, this is 'not' asking her 'family' (the Royal) for help. This member will have some severe rules to work with, and well, probably thought, is she Kidding me, and tell her to get on with it.
    I am a severely depressed person, have attempted suicide several times, i still hate life. But blaming other people,or using it as a weapon, really boils my blood, just because she said it, doesn't make it true, sounds more like feeling sorry for herself, she had other channels to persue if she was that bad. Anyone feeling these thoughs, i strongly recommend that you seek professional help by any and all  means available. 
  • Audinut70
    I have to add, why can't the fact just be that she couldn't handle the way the Royal family live? Or we're they expected to change their whole way of living? 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Audinut70

I'm sorry to hear about your depression and past difficulties with your mental health.  if you ever feel that you would benefit from more support around this, please let us know.

You are right that anyone experiencing troubling thoughts should see their GP/seek professional help, and I just wanted to leave a list of organisations here that people can talk to if things are becoming too much:

Fascinating topic BTW and I think the real winner in this situation was Oprah Winfrey! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Audinut70
    Definitely, the chance of 'ever' getting an interview like that again, struck twice by lightning comes to mind. 
    Thanks for your concern, ive done all the support, just deal with it myself now. Ive had a lifetime to learn. 
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    I don't usually comment on topics like this, however I have the greatest respect for the Queen and all that she has done for this country. In World War 2, she served her country just like thousands of others and then at the tender age of 27 she took on a responsibility to serve this country for the rest of her life. The Queen has not always got things right but I believe she genuinely does her best for her country, but at times, like anyone else would, puts her family first. The Queen has served a lifetime of duty and for me that must never be forgotten. At the end of the day, in the middle of all of this is a grandmother, father, son, brother and wider family, they should be left in peace to address their differences. It is not for me to say what the truth is but I do believe Harry and Megan have severely misjudged this, there were more appropriate ways to handle their concerns. Thank you 
  • janer1967
    I truly hope for Harry's sake they never split up 

She will take him to the cleaners and he will have given up all his family support 
  • Audinut70
    My thoughts exactly, i think he's smitten, to do what he has done, after only a few years together, one hell of a sacrifice. She's got the US behind her, he's totally crucified his family. I do feel a 'bit' sorry for him though. The things we men will do for love!!! I gave up friends and my interests for mine. 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Let’s hope they drew up and signed prenuptial agreements @janer1967

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    @Audinut70 it's not just men that make sacrifices for love 

I gave up living in my home town near friends and family,  I supported us both financially , I gave my husband experiences he had never had , I took on his children 

Then had it all thrown back in my face when he exchanged me for a younger , newer model 

All genders make sacrifices for the ones they love and thankfully most enrich each others lives 
  • Audinut70
    Sorry to hear that janer1967. I should have wrote what people will do for love. My main point though, Harry is going to be a lonely prince if their marriage falls apart. To through your family to the wolves! That is one massive sacrifice. 

Brightness