Lockdown - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lockdown

2»

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine thank  you  let's hope the corona virus doesn't cause that many deaths  
  • Audinut70
    Audinut70 Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    edited March 2021
    This had been blown all out if proposition, i meant civilians in Britain, sorry the UK. Armed forces are basically sent to their deaths by their leaders, death for some is inevitable. I'm sorry for not stating that, and thinking people would know what I meant, but my figures were correct. I just know that people are dying unnecessarily by people having large gatherings. Its never going to end,until people stop thinking it wont/can't happen to them,or they're just not bothered/think it's not real. The vaccine is useless if people keep opening doors for the virus to move and mutate, just for those that think the vaccine is our saviour, only people can stop it.
  • Audinut70
    edited March 2021
    Are holocaust deaths included in your figures? Im not clear if it was the war, or racism, which category would they come under, it wasn't made clear to me. Nit picking just detracts from the point being made. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Audinut70 Understandably, this is a topic attracting different views but please remember to keep comments friendly and focused on the topic and not other members. Grief is hard and I'm sorry you have recently lost your brother. I have friends who've also lost loved ones during covid-19 and they share your upset at not being able to have all friends and family at the funeral. If you think you'd benefit from extra support with your bereavement, please let the team know so we can help. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Audinut70
    edited March 2021
    That was my point. Looking for faults, assuming people can't make up their own minds whether they understand the message, takes it off topic. It was blatantly obvious i didn't mean world deaths. Rather than criticising my post, why not just 'ask' what I mean. My facts were correct, i made the mistake of not being specific, because i thought people would work it out for themselves. Or is that wrong? Or do i have to explain every post in detail. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    @Audinut70 There's no need to explain all posts in detail, but one thing to bear in mind is ensuring information shared is correct and appropriate (See community guidelines).  Although your comments might have seemed self-explanatory, the addition of statistics in this instance helped clarify the scale of covid-19 loss for those who could have misunderstood.  Let's remember to keep things topic-oriented and friendly so we can keep this conversation going :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Audinut70
    Thank you, someone that understand why I started this topic. The only way to rid ourselves of this virus  is stay away from people like your life depends on it, unless absolutely necessary, because ultimately, it might cost you, or someone else it.

Brightness