Hi my name is Tina 53 and I'm from West Sussex looking to make friends online/offline. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my name is Tina 53 and I'm from West Sussex looking to make friends online/offline.

tinaalex
tinaalex Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I've lived in West Sussex three years I'm married with 4 adult children & 6 grandchildren but have to care for my daughter quite often as she has a very rare disorder.. I also care for my elderly parents and I don't have anyone apart from my husband and need some time for myself.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Thus is a very friendly community 

We dont meet socially but lots of members around to connect with virtually 

You might like to visit our coffee lounge for general chat 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Hi @tinaalex and welcome to our community.  it's lovely to meet you and it sounds like you have a busy family life.

If you feel comfortable sharing with us, what is your daughter's condition and do you think she's getting enough support with it generally?

Also, carer stress is a biggie so I understand how you could feel like you need time out.  The Carers UK website is a great resource and one of its webpages covers taking a break when you're a carer.  I know the current situation with covid-19 makes this especially difficult but, once you're able to, make sure to look into having some time out to recharge your batteries.

To have a look at what our members have been talking about you can read our recent discussions, while if you want something light-hearted like games and fun chat, check out our virtual coffee lounge.  Our members are a friendly bunch so don't be afraid of joining in.  

In relation to making friends offline, I wonder if you have any specific interests that you could join a club around?  For instance, do you like knitting, zumba or gardening?  Maybe we could find something close to where you live that could be a social outlet for you :)

Please let me know if you have any questions and in the mean-time take care and speak soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @tinaalex :) Have you had a chance to take a look around the community yet? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tinaalex - I just wanted to add my welcome to the community. How are you getting on today?  :)
  • megs2019
    megs2019 Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Hi @tinaalexwelcome and how are you  and how are you finding this website 

Brightness