PIP cancelled due to no phone call — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP cancelled due to no phone call

dve24
dve24 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I just got a letter saying I need to do a mandatory reconsideration they say I did not show evidence for not attending a interview but on three different occasions in 2020 I've had three dates for the telephone interview and nobody ever called me, I sent them a letter stating this recorded delivery but now my claim is stopped what do I do 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

All you can do is ring them . Do you have details or copy of letter you sent and proof 9f delivery if you say you sent it recorded delivery 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dve24 - & welcome to the community. I certainly agree with the advice given above. Depending on when you sent your letter, if you think the DWP should have received it by now, I would give them a call on their PIP enquiry line which is 0800 121 4433. They are now open from 9am, which is probably the best time to get through, tho sometimes you have to wait for quite a while., unfortunately.
    As Jane mentions, if you have proof of the letter you posted, then this should help, so do have it to hand.
    I'm sorry for what you've gone through, & would think it unacceptable to be asked to do a Mandatory Reconsideration when, through no fault of your own, you haven't had an assessment. Please do let us know how you get on, thank you.
  • dve24
    I know they have the right number as I was text on each occasion to let me know the date and time of the phone interview? so they have the right number and no blocks on my line? I'm going to phone them at 9 today unfortunately i don't have the receipt for the letter I sent would they not have a record of the txt messages?
  • dve24
    I just got off the phone and just away to write a letter also surly they will see its not my fault saying I failed to attend yet no phone call for the interview three times ?‍♂️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.