Reinstatement of Enhanced Rate of PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reinstatement of Enhanced Rate of PIP

jsmith8899
jsmith8899 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
Just opened a letter from the DWP today and found they wont be changing my rate of PIP from when it finished on the 19th of Jan, which was the Enhanced Rate, though for some reason havent paid my usual ESA  as they normally would but is probably just a database error again on the phone to them to sort that out and get them to reinstate the Severe Disability part of ESA as well.

Really so happy I can't believe they did that as I though if anything they'd just say the Standard Rate of PIP

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Always good to hear good news
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news and thanks for sharing
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @jsmith8899 That sounds like very welcome news, many thanks for updating us :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great news @jsmith8899. Did you manage to get the issue with your ESA resolved? It could be that when the PIP decision fed through they've paused it to reassess premiums etc.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Good news congratulations ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• jsmith8899
    jsmith8899 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Yeah really thought I wasn't going to get it at all since were a few things I missed out by pure accident, did make notes about various things in the run up to the telephone assessment, though were a few minor things I may in a way disagree with stunned completely the rate stayed the same.

Be good when I get the SDP backdated as well and the ESA will go back to how it was before, really happy all in all of course, was incredibly lucky the assessor liked to according to her take time proper time to do assessments was really great

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.