LCWRA payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA payment

Options
i_c_x
i_c_x Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I got awarded for LCWRA in January 2021. I received a letter on my journal confirming this and it also stated that I would be getting extra money on top of my UC. I have checked my journal for 2 months and have had nothing at all extra? It also states that I would be entitled to a back payment too. I have been putting questions in my journal for several days and have been getting no reply back to me. I have phoned the UC landline number 0800 and all’s I get told is to keep looking on my journal?? No further information has been giving to me due to this. Does anybody know why I have not received anything at all from them as of yet? As I have a family member who is on the same payment and received there’s straight away within their next months payment. Had this ever happened to anybody else? And will I definitely be getting awarded LCWRA as my mental health is already at its worst. I’m confused over this. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

There is a 3 month waiting period beg8re payment from when you declared the condition so this could be the reason 

When did you declare the condition 

Also backlogs due to covid are causing delays 

When you put it on your journal report it under payment category as these then go to your case manager rather than general staff 

You could also ring and request a call from your case manager 

Let me know when you reported the condition , when you submitted first fit note and dates of your assessment period and I can work out when you should be paid from 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @i_c_x and welcome to our online community.

I can understand how this would be confusing and I hope @janer1967 's advice has helped clarify what could be happening.

Just for your info, I've moved this post to our Universal Credit category.  Please keep us updated with how you get on and good luck.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.