Pip waiting times — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip waiting times

andy222
andy222 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi there I was wounding if any one can help me please. I made a claim for pip back in 27th of October and returned my paperwork back and got a text on the 20th of November saying we received the written report of you pip.
I spoke with the assessment provider’s as dwp gave me there phone number (formally Atos) who just says my paper work is with the assortment team when I ring I was told there looking to do a paper based assessment but may want to talk to me it’s coming on for 5 or so months now still nothing is the any thing o can to to try to move things along or do I just have to wait as there is backlogs.
thank you in advance 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Unfortunately all you can do is wait or give them a call to see what progress is being made 

There are backlogs 
  • andy222
    andy222 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @andy222 - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry it's taking so long to get your PIP claim looked at, but, as you've guessed, it will be due to the backlog because of Covid-19. Unfortunately you'll just have to wait, but hope it's not much longer for you. :)
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @andy222, you could phone the DWP and ask if your assessment has been processed and if so request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the award notification letter.
  • lynsey122
    lynsey122 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Andy222 I am in the same situations.
    28th of October I made my claim and returned my paperwork back the 28th November  and got a text on the 20th of November. 
    I chased this up 7 weeks ago and was told it is with the assessment provider and have been with the for 4 weeks
    I spoke with the assessment provider’s as dwp gave me there phone number (formally Atos) and all I got was it was there and I would here shortly but they could give me no information. It’s know 5 months since my claim. And am no further forward. I have heard it’s down to which area you live in as to how long it takes. I am in Newcastle. Is there anyway at all I can escalate or progress this 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @lynsey122 :)

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Welcome to the community! Sorry that we're not meeting under slightly better circumstances.

Unfortunately, as our other members have said on the thread above, it is a bit of a waiting game at the moment. If you've not spoken to them for 7 weeks, then you could try giving them another ring. How does that sound?

Otherwise, we'll keep our fingers crossed for you. Hope that you hear something back soon.
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.