hello to everyone. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hello to everyone.

ernie2009
ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
just to say good morning to everyone and wherever you may be hope you all have a wonderfull safe day.  :)

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello you too happy Tuesday 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Good morning @ernie2009 and the same to you :)  Do you have anything nice planned for today?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @ernie2009
                             How are you? I hope that you have a wonderful day as well :) Thank you. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
  • ernie2009
    Good morning @ernie2009 and the same to you :)  Do you have anything nice planned for today?
    @Cher_Scope, today im going with my daughter who is training to become a social worker. almost completed second yr at uni so doi g a 60 day placement with a company of social workers as part of her second yr course. very proud of her.
  • ernie2009
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @ernie2009
                             How are you? I hope that you have a wonderful day as well :) Thank you. 
    @WestHam06 today so far has been good for me. im guessing like me your a hammers fan?. i have been now for 55 yrs and started supporting them when i was just 13. many thanks for your message.
  • WestHam06
    Hi @ernie2009
                             Great to meet another Hammers fan :) I've been supporting them for as long as I can remember and as I'm sure you can appreciate, they have caused many fantastic moments and few not so good ones too :) We're having a great season this season, though Sunday night was disappointing. We run a football competition here on the community which you're more than welcome to join in with if you would like too and I'm happy to give you some more information. I'm pleased to hear that you are having a good day today and I can totally understand why you are so proud of your daughter :) Thank you.
  • ernie2009
    hi @WestHam06 oh yes i can remember the good times especially the cup finals west ham v fulham alan taylors 2 goals and west ham v arsenal trevor brookings goal and was lucky enough to be at both. yes sunday was very disapointing especially loosing to an own goal but then these things happen. yes please id love to join the footie comp would be very good indeed for me. thanks very much for your warm messages.  :)
  • WestHam06
    Oh wow I imagine that was amazing to have been at both those finals @ernie2009 :) I wasn't born when those two finals were played but my Dad remembers them well :) I do remember the 2006 FA Cup final when Steven Gerrard broke all Hammers hearts, we were so close as well :) 
    I think what was disappointing about Sunday was our lack of desire to create chances, we went very defensive which was a bit of a shame as we have been playing so well recently and though I know Jesse Lingard has a lot to do with that, we do have other creative players. As you say though these things happen and we must now look forward to the Arsenal game at the weekend :) I think Moyes is the right man for the job and the progress we have made under him this season is remarkable given where we were last season and where we are now :) Please may I ask, I know there is still a long way to go in the season but do you have any feelings as to who deserves Hammer of the Year? For me, it's Craig Dawson, he has been an absolute rock at the back since coming in January and he has chipped in with a few goals as well :) Having said that Soucek and Coufel are contenders as are Rice and Cresswell, for once a bit of competition :)
    Thank you for saying you'd like to join the competition, we love it when new people join as it's lots of fun. If I please may, here's how it works:
    -Each week the Premier League fixtures are put up in the Coffee Lounge along with one bonus game which comes from either the Championship, League 1, League 2 or the National League. 
    -Participants make their predictions, however there is absolutely no pressure, people join in as and when they feel they would like too. For some participants, I tag them into the fixture thread so they know they are in the Coffee Lounge and I'd be happy to do this for you as well if it helps. 
    -Once the games have been played, I or a member of the Scope team, check everyone's predictions and then end their points up. If you guess a Premier League fixture correctly it is worth 1 point and if you guess the bonus fixture correctly it is worth 2 points. 
    -These points are then added to our table which can also be found in the Coffee Lounge. At the end of the season, the person with the most points is given an online Scope community badge. 
    I hope that this makes sense and please do ask any other questions you may have. I'll tag into the upcoming set of fixtures now just so you can see how it works, but please there's no pressure. Thank you. 

• ernie2009
    oh yes ill never forget those 2 finals as i was so lucky to get free tickets for both as i knew a guy who was an official at wimbledon and he got free tickets and passed them onto me as he knew im a hammers fan. i try and watch all of their games but get to engrossed and upset if things dont go well so this year has been a delight to watch and see how well they are doing. its a strange feeling when i keep looking at the table and seeing where they are are. hammer of the year, ah i think they all deserve it as they have all done very well indeed but im with you either craig dawson or soucek or coufel will all run in close. im hoping west ham get the chance to buy jesse lingard as ive always liked him and was over the moon when i found out he was going to west ham. oh yes i remember the 2006 final as i was on holliday in cornwall and was gutted as they were so close in that one. i suppose im very lucky going to 2 finals at the old wembly to my team win both times.i will check in shortly footie comp in the next half hour should be interesting see how everyone is predicting. many thanks for keeping in touch  :)
  • WestHam06
    Hi @ernie2009
                              Hope that you have had a good week. Firstly, thank you for joining in with the football competition, I've just updated the table so please do take a look and let me know your thoughts, it's great to have you with us :) I totally agree with what you say about looking at the table and looking towards the top rather than towards the bottom, definitely a strange feeling and one that I don't think us Hammers fans will ever get used too :) It's also surprising when you come away disappointed at drawing 3-3 each with Arsenal, what a game of two halves! I also share your hope that we manage to sign Lingard, he is an absolute asset and he has brought so much flare to the team, it was so noticeable he wasn't in the team against United. I also really like Fornals, I know he gets a lot of slack, but I think he work rate is outstanding and he does the hard graft, which is what, in my opinion, makes a true Hammer. I'm so pleased we have removed over paid pre Madonna's and now have a group who really want to play for the shirt. I imagine Wembley was bouncing in those two finals, what an amazing experience for you :) Thank you.
  • NotReally
    NotReally Community member Posts: 59 Pioneering
  • ernie2009
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @ernie2009
                              Hope that you have had a good week. Firstly, thank you for joining in with the football competition, I've just updated the table so please do take a look and let me know your thoughts, it's great to have you with us :) I totally agree with what you say about looking at the table and looking towards the top rather than towards the bottom, definitely a strange feeling and one that I don't think us Hammers fans will ever get used too :) It's also surprising when you come away disappointed at drawing 3-3 each with Arsenal, what a game of two halves! I also share your hope that we manage to sign Lingard, he is an absolute asset and he has brought so much flare to the team, it was so noticeable he wasn't in the team against United. I also really like Fornals, I know he gets a lot of slack, but I think he work rate is outstanding and he does the hard graft, which is what, in my opinion, makes a true Hammer. I'm so pleased we have removed over paid pre Madonna's and now have a group who really want to play for the shirt. I imagine Wembley was bouncing in those two finals, what an amazing experience for you :) Thank you.
    @WestHam06 hope you are well my friend ? since coming back on here ive been a lot better thank-you and had quite a good wk for my stadards that is . ive always liked jssi lingard even though he played for man utd he really is a star. everytime i look at the table this yr i still keep thinking whens it going to end its so strange and not normal to see the lads doing so well and in all the yrs ive supported them never seen a team do so well. when you look at last year its a complete turnaround but amazing to see. i was lucky as ive been to the old wembly quite a few times to see west ham win twice and watch england and even my local team got to the cup final but drew there then went on to win it at west broms ground in the replay as thats what they did yrs ago but doubt you,d get a replay these days. i was really glad when the hammers sold on one very overpriced player as in my mind he was just a lazy player so basically every game we only had 10 men on the pitch but now he,s gone prooves the point the lads work together. coming back to the wk-end i couldnt belive they were 3 up then scored 2 for arsenal so to come away with a point is still a bonus and better than losing which they dont do often now (should i of sai that ). hope you have a great day day mate and will catch up again soon,  :)
  • WestHam06
    Wow @ernie2009 sounds as though you have had many good trips to the Old Wembley, what fantastic memories to have. For me, you can't beat a live game, the atmosphere is electric and hopefully it won't be too long before we can return :smile: You're right though when you step back a point against Arsenal is a bonus and not one we expected, but somehow I still felt disappointment. Long may our form continue (we'd better enjoy it while it lasts :smiley:) I'm pleased you have had a good week and we'll catch up soon. Best Wishes, thank you.

Brightness