Mental health issues
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Anyone else get a feeling of fear when a letter arrives in the brown envelope regarding benefits?

Hi all,
Does anyone else get the awful feeling of dread when a letter arrived from any of the benefits department's?
I've heard some just lately and it's been regarding a small increase in ,my case, esa and pips, . Until I've opened the brown envelope and read the letter only then, if it's good news, can I relax a bit .
Not nice at all!
Alan.

Replies

• Leigh14Leigh14 Member Posts: 316 Pioneering
    Hi Alan. I’m exactly the same, I think there are many, many people that feel like us. I admit I get to the point where I find it hard to concentrate and find it difficult to sleep.
    You’re absolutely spot on when you say ‘Not nice at all’
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,016 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree but I don't see what they can do about it, some have suggested they send emails or text, but surely they would have the same effect?
    I will now only offer benefits advice on PIP, and specific benefits advice for other people with Epilepsy. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    What they could do is stop sending us for these stupid assessments when they know very well we're not going to, sadly, get any better !
    The more they pressure me the more stressed I become and that's why, I guess, I hate getting the letters? They must know by now, whose real and whose just trying it on?

• Rachel10876Rachel10876 Member Posts: 18 Connected
    Hey hey love,
    Yes definitely I’m the same as you love dreading the brown envelope too. xx
Sign in or join us to comment.