tribunal help - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tribunal help

Comments

• mark1983
    mark1983 Community member Posts: 48 Listener
    @cupcake88 it was 10 year award the max u can get untill review like poppy says 
  • mark1983
    it was the old system that u could get lifetime award my wife had that as well then pip took over
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    @mark1983
    oh right do you think that’s why they decided to randomly look Into her because she had a 10 year award ? Or because some one reported her ? 

It sounds horrible and I’m sure you both could do with the money that has been paused looked forward to the back pay ? You will get back pay won’t you if you don’t will you just start a new award claim ?
  • mark1983
    @cupcake88 yeah she was reported by someone and in the dwp bundle it states what the person put down for them to look into her it stated that my wife goes on holiday 3x a year ( i wish ) she had a brand new car every 3 years and my wife not disabled :( thats all it took for them to investigate
  • mark1983
    @cupcake88as for money side yeah been a big stuggle they took my wife mobiliy car as well we don't have a bus service on are village nearest is 2 miles away so have to reply on freinds and family but me and my wife are kind people that dont like to ask just happy that we can do online food shopping we are hoping to win and i think it will get bk dated till august 2019 as far as i know thats when it got stopped

• cupcake88
    They took her car as well what over some one saying she’s goes on holiday 3 times a year ? Did they take the car straight away ? Surely they would have to look into it before taking car and stopping benefit .

you get people who do things like that to others it’s really not nice  . Didn’t you say some one reported her in 2018 and then it was stopped in 2019 so you would of thought they would of looked into it before stopping stuff and taking your car off you how awful is she still getting other benefits 
  • mark1983
    @cupcake88 no its always been 2019 as for the car if pip hasnt make a decision on what there going to do u can only keep the mobility for so long as pip stop paying mobility payment for the car cant remember how long we were aloud to keep it for so many weeks 
  • cupcake88
    Sorry I thought you said you was reported in 2018 . 
    I’m sorry this has happened what a night mare for you both sorry I can’t respond with any helpful advise but I’m sorry this has happened to you and fingers crossed for you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger

My view remains that excluding papers which aren’t going to determine your appeal is focusing on the wrong thing. 

Which is exactly my thoughts too. I wasn't wrong with my advice either. Thanks mike for this and thanks again for all your advice here!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mark1983
    So people that have reps don’t need to come on this forum to hear others opinions that could shed extra light on it got it I won’t comment any further and remove myself from the forum 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Of course they can and they are welcome to do that but you have a rep for a reason and you should be asking them. They are the ones that know everything about your case. It's extremely difficult to give any advice when no one knows anything about your case and we could potentially give incorrect advice and i'm sure you wouldn't be happy if that happened.

You are very lucky to have a rep, a lot of people aren't able to have one because there's no advice agency in their local area that have reps to represent them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cupcake88
    @mark1983 not ones saying to remove your self mark . Every one is trying to give you the best advice possible . But your rep will be the expert looking after your self and your wife .

im glad you don’t have to pay back 5 years worth of money that’s one bonus , but i understand loosing your Wife’s mobility car and pip money would of been very hard on your self and your wife and I really hope it’s sorted . 

Every one on here is nice and trying to help . 
  • mark1983
    just update been 19+ months my wife had letter asking for email details if we have internet access etc for a video call from the tribunal we have 14 days to reply we are phoning are rep today to get more advise to see if he can be on with us in the video call so we can add his details before letting the tribunal know been a long journey hopefully won't be long now
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update let us know how it goes fingers crossed for you
  • Queenofdisabilities
    Queenofdisabilities Community member Posts: 91 Connected
    You are allowed your rep in court it shouldn't be any different on a video call.
    I won my tribunal after a year of hell waiting for it.
    Fingers crossed for you let me know how it goes
  • mark1983
    i have spoke to citizen advice/rep and hes says they don't have the felicitys for a video call in there office plus he is working from home and office an is not aloud to do it from home said we are on are own for the video call to the tribunal , phoned tribunal to tell them details for the video call, really nice clerk they offer to send someone out to setup the video call if we having trouble now just waiting game 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    mark1983 said:
    i have spoke to citizen advice/rep and hes says they don't have the felicitys for a video call in there office plus he is working from home and office an is not aloud to do it from home said we are on are own for the video call to the tribunal , phoned tribunal to tell them details for the video call, really nice clerk they offer to send someone out to setup the video call if we having trouble now just waiting game 
    I wonder if there's any mechanism for a rep to be involved by phone.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    calcotti said:I wonder if there's any mechanism for a rep to be involved by phone.
    Certainly is. Reps have been doing this nationally from within about a month of the first lock down. 
    I wasn't clear. I meant I wondered whether the rep could be on the phone only even if everybody’ else is on video.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    Thanks, Mike. I suspected as much.
  • mark1983
    hi my wife had a date for tribunal few days ago for 28th may says it a all day tribunal starts at 10-12:30 then dinner break start again 2pm is this normal for all day tribunal

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.