3 More miserable weeks. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

3 More miserable weeks.

Dragonslayer
Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. I went for a routine blood test at the doctors on the 3rd. He called me back that night and told me to go to the hospital AE. ASAP telling me my kidneys were failing. Soon after an ambulance appeared and still in my jammys off I went.
I then spent nearly 3 weeks in there, getting pumped full off drugs and feeling miserable. I am home once again, walking, or trying to walk with a frame. I take about 30 tablets a day, my body feels weak and broken and I am wondering what will happen next. 
Although I know modern medicine keeps me alive I sometimes feel I am on the road to destruction. Every turn seems to take me down the wrong path, the road yet to venture.
To top it all I can't get a PS5 anywhere. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,524 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear about your problems and hope you get well real soon.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    It's great to hear from you @Dragonslayer - but not with that news, other than you're home again. How is the walking going, I hope it's not still causing you pain? It won't be long until you will be able to sit out in that great garden of yours.....something to look forward to I hope. :)
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi @Dragonslayer, sorry to hear about your troubles.
    From past experience I know that kidney problems can make you feel low. Do you have any support at home?
    Wishing you much better soon. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear about your situation glad you are home now 

Take each day at a time and wish you a speedy recovery 

Have you tried cex for a ps5
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Hi @Dragonslayer It's lovely to see you on the community and I'm sorry things are tough medically for you :(

It's always good to be home but I wondered if you felt like you had enough support? And also, has this impacted your mood?  You know your friends here on the community are only ever a message away so be sure to lean on us if needs be.  

Take care and look after yourself  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Dragonslayer
    Thanks to all for the advice, it is appreciated. I am well, as well as I can be anyway. My mental state is somewhat strange, strange for me anyway, after all these years of 'normal' I sometimes feel I'm on the outside looking in, like living another life. After years of operations and hospital stays it really was one step forward, two steps back and for a time I was living in a dream world, actually believing what I saw was reality. That really is weird to say the least and puzzling for those around. I call it my walking dream state. Funny what the mind can do.
    Anyway thanks to all that read this and the support offered. I have great support from my wonderful wife and look forward to going on holiday later this year. 
  • Dragonslayer
    One good thing to come out of my illness, because of the steroids needed to 'fix' me and the bringing down of my immune system they contacted the vaccine team and got me my second jab, just so I was covered and the steroids would not affect the vaccines strength.
    Here's hoping there are many one here that have both jabs too,    
  • cartha
    cartha Community member Posts: 1,390 Pioneering
    Still waiting for my first jab but good to hear you're feeling better. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dragonslayer, how are you getting along?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Quinty
    Quinty Community member Posts: 47 Courageous
    What a dreadful time youve had. Are you being  looked after daily, I broke my ankle a month ago and had to cope alone due to covid. So I know how difficult this is.The whole of this lockdown has depressed me, when you are ill, its far worse. Make sure you have people you can call everyday. Being home is where you really start to heal. Move everyday essential things so they are accessible. Pill boxes,etc. Can you take high potency vitamin c? And D? They help me. I drink water by the gallon! Steroids are difficult for most people. But its a support network  I hope you have. There is some very good advice on here. Xxx

Brightness