Telephone recorded assesment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Telephone recorded assesment

Quinty
Quinty Community member Posts: 47 Courageous
I have an ESA telephone assesment. Due to covid  my original form is nearly 2 years old! A lot has happened, I had eye surgery twice and very poor mental health due to bereavment as well as other issues. I dont have a copy of my old form I just sent it  off. Ive noticed they focus on the physical and not mental health which is my illness. They have no up to date records from my Doctor consultants etc how on earth can they asses me? One question I will ask is are you a qualified Doctor in psychiatry or indeed a Doctor  at all. Any advice will be apreciated.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Assessors come from many backgrounds, rarely qualified doctors or physciatory doctors as jatos capita etc won't pay enough, they will often be physio's ambulance etc, but all they are doing is reading from a script asking the same questions you have already answered but in a different way.

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Quinty
    My form is old, my health has changed, yet they have no up to date records. I dont trust them they are not qualified I think its very wrong.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

There is no need for them to be qualified it isnt a medical it's an assessment 

Also the assessment is based on your condition at the time you sent off your form so they may not take any worsening condition into account 

They will have copy of your form so will no doubt lead to confusion if you are talking about things not in your form 

All you can do is answer honestly 
  • Quinty
     But are they honesg in their  synopsis? Very rarely  if at all. I will speak about my current conditions and surgery they must take that into account and update their  records. I find it insulting they have not done so for so many. What they should have done is sent new forms off! 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    You obviously have a bad impression on the assessors and that may be done to your own experience 

Just bear in mind what they put is their opinion of how you are affected from what you have said or done 

We do hear of many saying it is full of lies but again it is their opinion 

I wish you luck 
  • Quinty
    I find  them very patrionising. 
  • Quinty
    I have terrible anxiety  I worry about everything. A very harsh attitude, indeed. Im a human being. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.