Little achievements — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Little achievements

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
I (helped to) cooked macaroni cheese last week and a beef casserole dish yesterday. Both with the help of a family member of course - but it’s the first building blocks to being independent.

I also made a very short phone call to my support worker having not used the phone for a long time. Again I hope the start of something bigger and better.

What little achievements have you completed recently? :)

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    An amazing thread @66Mustang, and it's great to hear that you've made those steps. The little things are always the gateway to overall improvement :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    Thanks @Ross_Scope for the kind words :)

I agree that most good things are done in little steps.

Hopefully others will have some achievements to share :)
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 66mustang well done you. I can't say I've achieved anything recently to be honest, you must feel pleased, little starts at things always the way forwards 
  • 66Mustang
    Thanks @Sandy_123, I’m sure you have achieved something recently even something small if you think about the last few days? :smiley:
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done @66Mustang keep it up 

I would have to say doing my diplomas last year in criminology  and criminal psychology 
  • 66Mustang
    Thank you and they sound like great courses @janer1967, well done for doing them.

I’m working on economics at the moment - I’m about 1/8 of the way through the course.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Well macaroni cheese is one of my favourite meals, & definitely my son's.....it was the first meal he learnt to cook. So an excellent & inspired start! It's great to see you making that little bit of progress. Congratulations. :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang well done you, my achievement this week has been to read a book unlike most I usually read, it was about Britain on the Brink 27th and 28th October 1962 and how close we can to nuclear annilalation during the Cuban missile crisis with dozens of our V force aircraft being loaded with thermonuclear bombs and the pilots sat in their planes ready for take off, and our 60 Thor ICBM's primed and ready to launch.
    I was three years old at the time made me wonder how I ever reached four !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Proud of you @66Mustang :)

After struggling both mentally and physically these last two weeks, i'm trying to find little achievements every day. My favourite one is making Daisy smile, despite how I feel, it makes me a little happier knowing I can make my daughter happy.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang well done your doing well 
  • cartha
    cartha Community member Posts: 1,390 Pioneering
    Well done @66Mustang .  I have a terrible problem with phones but spoke with my mental health advocate on Monday. That's my main achievement this past week. Only a phone call to most but for some reason I have real difficulty with phones which has probably been the worst part of lockdown for me, with everyone insisting on doing everything over the phone now.

• 66Mustang
    Apologies for the slow reply but just want to say thank you for all of the lovely messages. :) Also, thanks for sharing your own achievements - really nice to read and well done to everyone :)
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    What a great idea for a post @66Mustang

You're right - it's really important for us all to celebrate our small 'wins', whatever they might be!

p.s. Mine is VERY SLOWLY learning to navigate my way around the Scope Online Community as a new member of the team  :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Years ago I was an avid reader, could finish a book every week or two, barely missed a day reading, that fell away until I hadn't read a book in years, since christmas I have read two books and on my third 
  • 66Mustang
    Just bumping this thread up to post up another little achievement

For the last 6 months I have been struggling to study but over the last week I have done 10 hours’ worth of study which is more than I’d done in the previous 2 months. I’m really pleased and hope that I’ll continue to be able to do it  :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang well done you . You really seem to be motivated currently keep it up 
  • 66Mustang
    Thanks @janer1967 really kind of you to say :)
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang
    well done you seem going great guns 66 mustang 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I managed a short walk today with the help of my partner, that’s three in two weeks which is good for me. Hopefully we can go out in the car at some point this week especially nice in the sunshine.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Apologies @66Mustang - I thought I'd sent you a message this afternoon. That's certainly an achievement, which I hope you can continue with, so congratulations. :)@leeCal -  also great to read about your progress. :)

Brightness