I'm confused about when I should get my LCWRA payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm confused about when I should get my LCWRA payment

andy222
andy222 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi there I applied for uc on 25 of October and provided sick notes from when my claim started from my gp till the  6th of January  when  I was granted lcwra I spoke to the advisor on my journal who  advised me my lcwra payment wouldn’t not start for 90 days and on questionin him again has now said I wouldn’t get a payment till the 6th of June’s it doesn’t seem to add up I’m very confused but I don’t seem to be getting straight answer from my case manager could someone’s please advise me please

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    You should get LCWRA from your fourth UC payment which would presumably be 28th February. Definitely query that advice. Something like this.
    "When I claimed UC on 28th October I told you I had a health condition that limited my ability to work. I have provided continuous Fit Notes until I was told they were no longer required. I believe that as I have been found to have LCWRA I am entitled to the LCWRA element from my fourth payment."
    If they don't correct it request a Mandatory Reconsideration. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • andy222
    Thank you for your reply I’m about to go in 2 my 6th payment this week and nothing has change and on speaking to the man in my journal I’m shore he makes it up as he goes along so u think I should contact citizen advice because no one at the job centre seem to want to reason.
    thanks again  
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    As above put what calcotti wrote in your journal but put it as a payment query then your case manager will pick it up 

Mo need to contact CAB as you have been given the answer above 
  • andy222
    Ok thank you I will keep you updated as to how I get on thank you
  • andy222
    Hi everyone just a little update and sent the message as above to the case manger who’s reply was the waiting period starts whenever they made medical team decided you was not fit for work and that was January. And I believe that is wrong however I’m not getting any where with him every time I put a note it’s the same person that reply’s and when I phone they just tell me to put a note in my journal :( 
    what can I do now as I’m not getting any where with this 
    thank you in advance 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again 

It is incorrect all you can do is call and insist on them letting you speak to your case manager or them calling you back 

The other option would be to write a letter of complaint follow the complaints process for DWP 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @andy222 - I'm sorry you don't seem to be getting anywhere with this. If speaking to a case manager doesn't work, as Jane advises, I would then go with calcotti's advice to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, which he gave above.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    I suggest you request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision not to apply the waiting period from the start of your claim. 
    That means a different Decision Maker will have to look at it.
    You could add "please refer to Universal Credit Regulations 2013 regulation 28(2) and the guidance in Advice for Decision Makers paragraph 5031".
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • andy222
    Ok thank you for your help everyone
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @andy222. Did they ever sort the waiting period for you and apply it correctly?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • andy222
    Hi Adrian I I didn’t speak to my case manager on the phone who said all he can’t do is recommend a MR I did put in the mr but I have yet to heir anything back from them I suppose it just a waiting game none 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.