Anxious — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anxious

ssutton1998
ssutton1998 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
Hey guys I'm back I been so busy with online studies. I want need to talk to someone I been evey anxious very easily for no reason. Do you have any tips to stop this feeling 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I dont really have any tips 

Can you identify what makes you anxious? Try doing something different to take your mind off it like listening to music , have a relaxing bath , reading , cooking or a craft . Some people find colouring relaxing 

Consult your gp if it continues 

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ssutton1998 when I get anxious I try distraction method, it seems to work, like doing different things, keeping your mind occupied, if there getting more frequent see gp
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Hey guys I'm back I been so busy with online studies. I want need to talk to someone I been evey anxious very easily for no reason. Do you have any tips to stop this feeling 
    Welcome back! How are your online studies going?

Sorry to hear you feel anxious, have you spoken with your GP about this to try and explore why you might be feeling that way?  You might find this self-care for anxiety page helpful, it's from Mind.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @ssutton1998

https://www.headspace.com/stress

There's a lot of helpful tips on the Headspace app. 

• ssutton1998
    @Cressida @ross2503 @Sandy_123 @janer1967 hi I want to say thank you for your help and comments I will give headspace ago and few things to do. But is it really normal to get anxious over nothing? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Some people get anxious some people dont and some that do manage to learn ways of dealing with it 

You just have to find the root of the cause and what works best for you 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    As Janer1967 has said, everyone experiences anxiety differently @ssutton1998. I'd say that it'd be worth speaking to your GP if the level of anxiety you're experiencing is bothering you, or if you can't identify a cause for it. 

Are you studying through a school, college, or university etc.? Is there anyone who you could speak to?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • ssutton1998
    @Tori_Scope hi ya thank you for your help. I'm going to go to my GP next week i really don't know why it been getting anxious so quickly. I am also currently studying a teacher assistant course at college. 
  • Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Hi @ssutton1998. I am sorry about the way you’re feeling, it’s very unnerving.  The fact that we are living through a pandemic is enough to make anyone anxious.  Try not to be hard on yourself, there doesn’t have to be hard reason to have anxiety.  I can assure you’re not alone.  Take care.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I think that's a good idea @ssutton1998. They can help you to formulate some next steps. The reasons behind feeling anxious can often be complex, and might not be obvious or 'make sense' at first. As Welshjayne2021, the pandemic has also had an effect on many people's mental health, so it could be a bit of that too. 

Is there anyone at college you could speak to, such as a school counsellor, a teacher you get along with, or a welfare officer? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @ssutton1998

We haven't spoken yet, but I spotted your post and I just wanted to catch up with you to see how you're doing? 

Have you managed to try out any of self-care for anxiety tips yet? Did you speak to your GP about the way that you've been feeling? I know that you said you were seeing them last week - were they able to help?

I think @Tori_Scope's idea is a really good one, as well - is there anybody at your college that you could speak to about the anxiety that you might be feeling in relation to your work? On a personal note, I know that I found my Uni counsellor to be really helpful and understanding when I was a student and I experienced feelings of anxiety.

Hope you're also managing to take a bit of a break over the bank holiday weekend. You need to take some time out to rest, alongside the studying!

Anyway, we're here if you need us. Do please keep in touch and let us know how you're getting on :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness