bedroom doubts — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

bedroom doubts

pattern1991
pattern1991 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
how do people quieten doubts that the love you just made wasn't as enjoyable for him due to your disability even if he says it was amazing      

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I suppose it is about self confidence 

Having a disability doesnt mean sex isnt as enjoyable for your partner it's about your feelings for each other and how you express them 

If he says it is amazing then believe him 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pattern1991

I think you've hit the nail on the head there about quietening doubts.  Those doubts you have probably come from a critical inner voice that ultimately wants the best for you, but can sometimes misread situations.  The evidence out there doesn't back up any inkling that the sex you had with your partner was disappointing, in-fact quite the opposite, he said it was 'amazing'! Try to take it easy on yourself and know that your impairment doesn't detract from your sexuality.  Enjoy those intimate moments  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • pattern1991
    pattern1991 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    but what if he says those things just to save  face 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    If the activity is repeated you’ll know it’s rewarding. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It's not just what they say it's just a feeling of knowing you are both enjoying each other and the intimacy 

Just enjoy the moment and try and relax and not think about how you are performing 

Brightness