ESA Change reported heard nothing back please help. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Change reported heard nothing back please help.

2»

Comments

• DawnXT
    DawnXT Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    thank you ok i do have a question to ask you please could you give me some advice

ok first off i have Only ever been on income related ESA
    i've never worked 
    between the 5 April 2008 - 5 April 2009 i was 17 years old and in college (which are the dates given in the letter i will explain below)

my partner between those two dates listed above was only 12 Years old! (in school) 

the letter reads as the following 

Dear ******* 

YOUR CLAIM FOR EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE 
    A CHANGE IN THE EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE RATE PAYABLE

We have looked at your claim again following a recent change 
    We cannot pay you employment and support allowance from 26 March 2021 
    You are not getting any more Income-related Employment and support Allowance 
    We cannot pay you because you have not paid, or been credited with enough National Insurance Contributions.
    we have used the tax years ending 5 April 2008 and 5 April 2009 to assess your claim 
    you are required to immediately report any changes in your circumstances while claiming Employment and Support Allowance.

if you want a full explanation of why your employment and support allowance has changed, please get in touch with us,

if you disagree with our record of your contributions, please tell us at once. We will check your records and tell you the result. if you still disagree you can ask us for a formal decision.

like i said i'm not on a contribution based benefit 
    never worked
    long term sick/disable
    partner isnt mentioned anywhere in letter was 12 between 2 assesed tax years?

this makes no bloody sense   
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    It’s not clear but the way I read this they have stopped or suspended payment of the income based ESA because of the change of circumstances. If you were entitled to contribution based ESA you would still get that so they have to tell you that you are not entitled.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • DawnXT
    p.s it's only upon re-reading this joke of a letter that i noticed what an absoute farce this letter actually is..
  • DawnXT
    so realistically then i didn't actually need a esa3 form sending as this is standard protocol while they reasses your benefit anyway?
  • DawnXT
    as until today they said they had all the info they needed to send to the assesor to make a decision and i'd hear back in due course?
  • calcotti
    edited April 2021
    DawnXT said:
    so realistically then i didn't actually need a esa3 form sending as this is standard protocol while they reasses your benefit anyway?
    As advised, sending the ESA3 for you to complete and return is part of the normal process for reassessing income based entitlement.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    DawnXT said:
    as until today they said they had all the info they needed to send to the assesor to make a decision and i'd hear back in due course?
    I am surprised they said that without having had a completed ESA3 returned.
  • calcotti
    DawnXT said:
    p.s it's only upon re-reading this joke of a letter that i noticed what an absoute farce this letter actually is..
    ESA letters are the worst!
  • DawnXT
    yeah they certainly are the worst the funny thing is other then today there was Never any mention of a form being sent out or even needed it's just so bloody confusing when i searched up a ESA3 form supposedly it asked who the doctor was who used to sign my sick notes i dont blooming know it was over 10years ago so good luck to them on ever getting a answer to that question  :D 
  • calcotti
    Obviously it’s an assumption on my part that it is an ESA3.
  • DawnXT
    i think i'm going to try and ring them on monday i know it's a bank holiday but they were open today on saturday half day i think so i think it'll be worth assuming bank holiday could be a half day again and ask again for a explination or better still ask the actual assor to contact me then my partner can speak directly to them and give them information directly then hopefully it'll be sorted much quicker
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @DawnXT

Sorry to hear that you've been having some difficulties with this. Hope that you manage to get somewhere with it over the next few days. 

All the best with the telephone call and do keep us posted on how you get on. 

And in the meantime, I do hope that you've managed to make the most of the bank holiday weekend for yourself, as well :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • DawnXT
    just a quick update a ESA3 form turned up and was filled in and sent back ASAP as they stated that a advanced benefit payment would be available as soon as they'd received the ESA3 form back (typically after using the last of our money we had left) to send this back 1st class guaranteed next day delivery, the "Advanced payment" now no longer exsists! So basically since last speaking to everyone we're now living on fresh air and hardly anything to eat oh and no money to pay bills so to say things are difficult right now is a understatement while ESA continually drag their feet  :/ so still no news the wait continues *rolls eyes* 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update @DawnXT, but I'm sorry to read it isn't better news. I hope things speed up and you are able to receive your money soon. It's concerning that you can't afford essential resources like food at the minute. 

Do you have any family or friends who can help you out in the meantime? Also, if you ever consider utilising a food bank to help you get by, you can find information on finding your nearest one here.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • DawnXT
    Hey I've had a update today I missed 3 calls this morning unfortunately my phone was on silent :( they said they've received my form for ESA for my partner moving in and there is some money due to me £292.60 which will be in the account by the end of the day but my major concern now is this figure makes no sense no matter which way it's worked out can anyone please shed any light on how this figure could potentially work or if it's likely to be a final payment (hopefully not) I know I'll have to speak to them first thing on Monday but any help on trying to work out how this couldve been worked out would be greatly appreciated, kind regards 
  • calcotti
    edited April 2021
    There is no point in us guessing. There is no way to tell how it is arrived at because we don't know what period of time it covers and we don't know all of your circumstances,

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.