Hi, my name is aliciajane! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is aliciajane!

Options
aliciajane
aliciajane Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, applied for pip 11th Nov last year and they keep saying they need to make a visit etc but because of covid they can't. Am losing the will to carry on pursuing this. Can anyone suggest organisations that can help me with pushing claim through please, thank you

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hello @aliciajane

Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us. 

If they're insisting on making the visit then I'm not sure there's anything you can do to force it through, however hopefully it won't be long until they can do the visit. 

In terms of organisations, Advice Local, Welfare Rights and CAB are good options. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

If you are waiting for a f2f assessment they are starting again at the end if the month fir those who cant be assessed by phone so fingers crossed not much longer 

It isnt unusual claims do take around 6 months to complete even in normal times 
  • aliciajane
    aliciajane Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, just getting so frustrated 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,893 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @aliciajane welcome to the forum 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @aliciajane

Just wanted to stop by, say hello and add my welcome to the community. 

How are you doing today? Hope you're managing to make the most of the bank holiday weekend?

I just thought that, if you fancy it, you might want to stop by our Coffee Lounge to help take your mind off things. Chatting to a few of our members might help you to feel a bit less frustrated with the things you've got going on?

Please do feel free to explore the rest of the community and give us a shout if you have any more questions for us.
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.