Little achievements - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Little achievements

13»

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    @66Mustang @Caz_Scope
    Its good to hear from all fellow drivers.

I'm looking forward to driving down to Cornwall this summer and then later, if hospital visits don't interfere Scotland not too long after. 
  • 66Mustang
    edited April 2021
    @Dragonslayer maybe see you up in Scotland as I hope to go there once we are allowed to :smiley:
  • Dragonslayer
    @66Mustang
    We went twice in 2019 first Dundee and then Edinburgh.
    Maybe we will run into each other.
  • 66Mustang
    I drove 40 miles on the motorway today for a hospital appointment :smiley: I find driving on the motorway hard for those who don’t know so it’s a little achievement for me. :smiley:
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Yes @66Mustang, I'd definitely count that as a little win!

It might not be your favourite thing to do, but at least it was a nice day for it, I suppose?

Good on you :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Dragonslayer
    @66Mustang

Hi Bud. I don't think we will run into each other in Scotland. However slim the chances. My condition and treatment has put a stop to us going. I hope you have a great time though, say hello for me.
    A good run on the motorway is fun, I'm glad you liked it. I am still going on a run now and then, still listening to golden oldies blasting out and enjoying myself.
    Alan.
  • 66Mustang
    @Dragonslayer sorry to hear that you can’t get up there but I think you are doing the right thing putting your treatment first. I hope that it does some good and that you start to feel a bit better soon.

I don’t know when I’ll be going to be honest as there will be a huge rush of people going there over the coming months and I am not good with crowds plus you go there to get away from all the rush don’t you!

Im glad you can still get out for a drive. I am just wondering, what are some of your favourite driving songs?
  • Dragonslayer
    @66Mustang
    It may be a good idea to go Scotland later, for as you say it is a place to avoid crowds, not run into them and I have to get well. I feel fit and healthy and a good drive is a tonic in itself. It would be a good idea if I could walk OK though.
    Thanks for the kind words. 
    I could write a long, long list of songs. I was into the Stones back then, Satisfaction, 19th nervous breakdown. The Kinks, I Like most of the Beach Boys. Bryan Adams, Summer of 69. Queen are great to drive to. The Show must go on, Its a kind of Magic. To name but a few. I could go on, but hope you get the idea. Rock mostly, but not heavy metal.

• 66Mustang
    Thanks for sharing @Dragonslayer

I quite like some of the songs you mention but differently I also like heavy metal music as well. Do you like Genesis? I think they made some good songs.
  • Dragonslayer
    @66Mustang
    I do like Genesis, and Phil Collins but don't have any tracks by the band or him. Must put that on my to do list.
    Elton John is a favourite of mine also Rod Stewart. 

Brightness