Applause To All — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applause To All

Dragonslayer
Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
I only became disabled a few years ago, having spent 60yrs fit and well. No sooner do I get over one thing, but another follows close behind, and at the moment I am dealing with the latest surprise and know yet know another is looming in the months ahead.
I try to deal with the pain (and the now the ringing in my ears ) But at times it gets me down and I find myself feeling sorry for myself. 
I do 'get on with life' and like many except how and what it now is. But now and then I get angry when I find things harder. Things that once were easy. I sometimes find myself looking with envy at others simply walking around free and easy, instead of using walking aids. And now I know just how hard it can be to simply access certain places, or area's. 
Then I come on here and find others playing games, discussing issues and simply enjoying life and dealing with whatever befalls them with a lighter, brighter outlook on life.

So today I came on here to give a huge Applause to all of you, for the input, support and fun it gives.
Thanks to you all
Dragonslayer.   

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Thats great that you find it helpful here like so many of us 

I find it the same great to connect with others in similar situation 

Disability is a hard one to get your head around and it is a journey of acceptance 

I also agree it seems as we get older there are more and more health issues to deal with part of life and ageing 

Good thread and thanks for sharing 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dragonslayer and thank you for your kind words :) I can relate to what you have said, i've started to refer, when coping and not coping with my disabilities and what it impacts, to Jekyll and Hyde - life with disability can be both up and down, I've tried my best to take it one day at a time.

By the way, my husband just caught sight of your username and wanted me to ask you if you're Ornsting - I have no idea what he is going about :lol:
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    @Ami2301 @janer1967
    Thanks for the kind words, and I know what you both mean. We have to cope in order to live life to it's fullest.
    Ornstein is a 'Boss' from the game Dark Souls. But it has no resemblance to mine. I like fantasy, games, books, films ECT and just thought the name was rather 'cool'  ? 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    @Dragonslayer thank you for your post. I suppose were all going through our own troubles but here we can support each other, have mindless conversations and play games to distract us. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ami2301 @janer1967
    Thanks for the kind words, and I know what you both mean. We have to cope in order to live life to it's fullest.
    Ornstein is a 'Boss' from the game Dark Souls. But it has no resemblance to mine. I like fantasy, games, books, films ECT and just thought the name was rather 'cool'  ? 
    Apologies for spelling it wrong! Hubby is obsessed with Dark Souls :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing, interesting read and I totally agree with what you say.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
     Hi @Dragonslayer -  thank you for your lovely comments. It's great coming on here & interacting with you all; I'm not sure sometimes if supporting each other is like propping each other up (!), but we get there. There's so much understanding & friendship, that it's a real pleasure seeing everyone here. :)
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Thank you @Dragonslayer

This is a fantastic idea and a really worthwhile and meaningful post. I definitely think that we need to do things like this from time to time. It's a good opportunity just to stop and reflect a little bit. 

And I really like the name for you idea as well - 'Applause for all'. Maybe it should become a more regular thing?

Thanks very much for sharing :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness