Applause To All — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applause To All

Options
Dragonslayer
Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
I only became disabled a few years ago, having spent 60yrs fit and well. No sooner do I get over one thing, but another follows close behind, and at the moment I am dealing with the latest surprise and know yet know another is looming in the months ahead.
I try to deal with the pain (and the now the ringing in my ears ) But at times it gets me down and I find myself feeling sorry for myself. 
I do 'get on with life' and like many except how and what it now is. But now and then I get angry when I find things harder. Things that once were easy. I sometimes find myself looking with envy at others simply walking around free and easy, instead of using walking aids. And now I know just how hard it can be to simply access certain places, or area's. 
Then I come on here and find others playing games, discussing issues and simply enjoying life and dealing with whatever befalls them with a lighter, brighter outlook on life.

So today I came on here to give a huge Applause to all of you, for the input, support and fun it gives.
Thanks to you all
Dragonslayer.   

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thats great that you find it helpful here like so many of us 

I find it the same great to connect with others in similar situation 

Disability is a hard one to get your head around and it is a journey of acceptance 

I also agree it seems as we get older there are more and more health issues to deal with part of life and ageing 

Good thread and thanks for sharing 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dragonslayer and thank you for your kind words :) I can relate to what you have said, i've started to refer, when coping and not coping with my disabilities and what it impacts, to Jekyll and Hyde - life with disability can be both up and down, I've tried my best to take it one day at a time.

By the way, my husband just caught sight of your username and wanted me to ask you if you're Ornsting - I have no idea what he is going about :lol:
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Options
    @Ami2301 @janer1967
    Thanks for the kind words, and I know what you both mean. We have to cope in order to live life to it's fullest.
    Ornstein is a 'Boss' from the game Dark Souls. But it has no resemblance to mine. I like fantasy, games, books, films ECT and just thought the name was rather 'cool'  ? 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,893 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Dragonslayer thank you for your post. I suppose were all going through our own troubles but here we can support each other, have mindless conversations and play games to distract us. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ami2301 @janer1967
    Thanks for the kind words, and I know what you both mean. We have to cope in order to live life to it's fullest.
    Ornstein is a 'Boss' from the game Dark Souls. But it has no resemblance to mine. I like fantasy, games, books, films ECT and just thought the name was rather 'cool'  ? 
    Apologies for spelling it wrong! Hubby is obsessed with Dark Souls :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, interesting read and I totally agree with what you say.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     Hi @Dragonslayer -  thank you for your lovely comments. It's great coming on here & interacting with you all; I'm not sure sometimes if supporting each other is like propping each other up (!), but we get there. There's so much understanding & friendship, that it's a real pleasure seeing everyone here. :)
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you @Dragonslayer

This is a fantastic idea and a really worthwhile and meaningful post. I definitely think that we need to do things like this from time to time. It's a good opportunity just to stop and reflect a little bit. 

And I really like the name for you idea as well - 'Applause for all'. Maybe it should become a more regular thing?

Thanks very much for sharing :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.