Hi, my name is Pricetower! Does anyone else have fibromyalgia? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Pricetower! Does anyone else have fibromyalgia?

Pricetower
Pricetower Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi all 
I wanted just someone to talk to who understand fibromyalgia as I feel on my own 

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Pricetower hi welcome to the community I don't have your condition but I have lupus that causes similar pain and I coul be off my feet for days  is that they sort of thing thst happens to you  

Other people will reply they may have the same condition as you 

Take care 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @Pricetower

We have many members who have that condition. Is there anything in particular you are struggling with?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome from me too 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Pricetower :) How are you getting on today? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi & welcome @Pricetower - as mentioned, we have members that have fibromyalgia whom I hope you 'meet.' I hope you have a supportive Dr to help you. You might like to try our virtual 'Coffee lounge' to see some other members posts or play some word games. There's a link to this & 'Recent discussions' at the top of this page. Please do join in with any discussion that interests you, as well as just chatting here too. :)
  • Suziwong
    Suziwong Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hey @Pricetower I also have fibromyalgia and a number of other things wrong with me I have been dealing with chronic pain for nearly 14 years and if I can help at all I would also like to have people who have the same condition as me to talk to about things and unfortunately with our condition I don’t have any friends who understand so if I can help or anyone else feel free to get in touch with me hopefully spk to/help anyone I can soon soft and gentle hugs
  • Pricetower
    Pricetower Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi Suziwong
    i have had fybro now for 7 years but I think I have had it longer ..
    I would love to get help and support from people who understand this illness.
  • Shayzee
    Shayzee Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Pricetower.. 
    I have suffered with fibromyalgia for 18 years and over the years it has got progressively worse.. It's very hard to get people to understand how bad the pain can be as at times people do not see pain behind the smile.. I know it can feel like you are on your own but believe me we are all here to offer our support and kindness.
    It's always good to let someone you know and trust how you feel. I have a close family relative I can talk to..Is there anyone you trust? Please don't suffer in silence...

• Suziwong
    Suziwong Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    hey @Pricetower I've had fibromyalgia for 14 years like I said but I went without a diagnosis for nearly two years was horrible so I know how you feel and I’m the same looking for people who have fibromyalgia so we can swap stories and support each other as unfortunately I don’t have any friends anymore due to my anxiety and fibromyalgia so I would love someone to chat too let me know and we can have a good chat I’m not sure where as this site is new to me but if you know then drop me a message and I’ll get back to you or anyone who wants to talk about fibromyalgia and support each other and chat with each other so I’m always here if anyone would like to chat sending soft hugs ? to all Suzi xx
  • tamaramonique94
    tamaramonique94 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi everyone I know this thread is old but I feel the same way my life is failing apart because of fibro and fibroids and now I have this mystery back pain, dead legs problem and another pip application. 

My granddad left me 5% of his house so I can’t claim universal credit. I’m enrolled at uni but barely attend. I spend all my money on my disability (cabs, legal cannabis, an osteopath, ordering food when I can’t cook). I’m 26 and I can’t do anything at all. I’m slowly slipping into depression idk how much more I can take :( 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @taramonique94 and welcome to our community.

Thank you for posting and I'm sorry things are difficult at the moment.  I'm going to send an email shortly to offer support about the things you mention so please keep an eye on your inbox :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • kezBell
    kezBell Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi 
    I’ve just signed up to hopefully get some other opinions and support from someone who knows how it feels to have this condition .
    I have fibromyalgia my GP first tried to diagnose this after my youngest son was born 14 years ago , however the symptoms seemed to stop and I forgot all about it .
    10 years ago I injured my back at work and was off work for 6 months that’s when the fibromyalgia came back full force .
    over the last three years my flare ups have become worse every time and closer together every time .
    my work has been really supportive and my husband and kids are really supportive but that doesn’t stop me from feeling like a failure constantly .
    I struggle at work and although they are very supportive I hate having to tell them that I’m in pain again .
    I hate telling people I’m fine and “feeling much better “ when in fact I don’t feel any better I just don’t want to admit that it’s still really painful and I just want to curl up and rest without guilt .
    does anyone else feel this way ?
    any advise ? 
    Thank you 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @kezBell :)

Just spotted your post on this thread. A big hello and welcome to the community! It's really good to have you here.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experience with your fibromyalgia - but I'm glad that you've got a good support network in your family and also your employer. But I do realise that doesn't necessarily make you feel any better about things. I myself have psoriatic arthritis (PA) which can flare up and cause pain and fatigue, and stop me doing everything that I feel I should be doing.  

Also, I'm sure that what you say will resonate with quite a few members of the community. Hopefully, they will be able to share some of their experiences with you, and maybe provide you with some advice as well.

Anyway, I'll leave you to explore the forum. Just a suggestion - as well as posting on this thread, you might want to pop a new post in our Welcomes and Introductions section too. That way, our members will be able to spot you a bit easier and you can get chatting to lots of other people straight away. 

Hope that's helpful to you. Do give us a shout if you would like any further help or you have any questions for us :smiley:
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness