support with my mum's MR stage - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

support with my mum's MR stage

Options
2»

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,194 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @freeworld
     Great news I’m so pleased for your mum. You put put in a lot off hard work and got a great result for her well done. 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    That's great news @freeworld!!

Very well done to you for doing the MR - and what a great outcome for your mum :smiley:

Thanks very much for sharing your positive news with everybody on the community.
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • freeworld
    freeworld Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Caz_Scope said:
    That's great news @freeworld!!

Very well done to you for doing the MR - and what a great outcome for your mum :smiley:

Thanks very much for sharing your positive news with everybody on the community.
    Lou67 said:
    Morning @freeworld
     Great news I’m so pleased for your mum. You put put in a lot off hard work and got a great result for her well done. 
    Thanks guys..... It's always good to keep the community informed and let them know the outcome. Considering mum went from no points to standard award on both elements States there is something wrong with the current system. 
    [Removed by moderator]

I've actually put in for a MR myself. As I was 2 points away from enhanced on DL and I want them to consider the mobility side again. Currently it's no award on mobility. I'll let you know how that goes. Should hear from them in 5 weeks.

But yeah. Best advice is keep MR to less then 10 pages. Keep it concise and to the point. Statements from witnesses help. And giving date/times of task carried out and how they fit into appropriate descriptor. And be sure to reiterate that you did not step in out of love but rather out of need and necessity when intervening during a task. 

Plus another point for the community to discuss. The Case manager clearly pointed out that a memory issues is not considered by any of the pip activities. But surely memory issues will have a large bearing on the way you conduct such activities. 

That's it for now. Signing off and be back with update. 

Peace
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    freeworld said: The Case manager clearly pointed out that a memory issues is not considered by any of the pip activities. But surely memory issues will have a large bearing on the way you conduct such activities. 
    Certainly has a bearing on the need for prompting in many descriptors.

One descriptor which does not seem to take it into account is reading. It seems that even if you forget what you have read, if you understand it at the time you read it that means you can read. Never got my head around that - it reduces any reading to a way of filling in time rather than an essential activity to be able to manage your affairs.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • freeworld
    freeworld Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    calcotti said:
    freeworld said: The Case manager clearly pointed out that a memory issues is not considered by any of the pip activities. But surely memory issues will have a large bearing on the way you conduct such activities. 
    Certainly has a bearing on the need for prompting in many descriptors.

One descriptor which does not seem to take it into account is reading. It seems that even if you forget what you have read, if you understand it at the time you read it that means you can read. Never got my head around that - it reduces any reading to a way of filling in time rather than an essential activity to be able to manage your affairs.

That's exactly the main descriptor the CM referred to, but did state it in couple other areas like journey planning. I couldn't understand it either. But the CM reiterated it a couple of times and States that PIP does not take that into account. 

Makes me wonder......

But the CM sounds like she had a good understanding of what constitutes an award and did go against the HCP totally as that offered nil points all round. 

Strange world. Sometimes it really is a matter of who you get dealing with the case. 

Peace
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @freeworld

It's good to hear that your mum had a positive outcome with her MR and I thank you for coming back to update our community.

As advised previously, personal comments directed at other members - indeed, those who have explicitly asked not be tagged - will not be accepted on our community. 

In lieu of this and a continuation of the same, the decision has now been made to close this thread.  Please visit our online community guidelines for more information on content that is/isn't permitted.  Thank you.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.