How have you treated yourself recently? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How have you treated yourself recently?

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,568 Disability Gamechanger
    We have a fancy toaster - it is a 4 slicer but the elements heat up in pairs so you can just turn on two and not waste energy if you are only cooking 2 slices!
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Not a trick question @MarkN88 :D We've got a 2 slicer as well, but I'm always mighty impressed when I go to someone's house and they have a 4 or even 6 slicer. I don't need one that big though, and I'd rather have one that does 2 slices well. 
    I had to ask because at one point there used to be a question that people asked about how many slices of toast can you fit in your toaster and it was a trick question because you put bread in and get toast out, haha. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Haha @MarkN88 :D No, that's not what I was going for! Very true though.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    I want to treat myself to a new PS5 console but its chaos trying to get one in the shops or online, demand is so great and no seller puts out any info when they are available. Thousands sell in minutes, even seconds and scammers are buying and trying to sell for double the price.
    So today I bought myself some new slippers. Wool lined for warmth and comfort.
    (Well it is something to look forward to)  :)
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    @Dragonslyer - comfy new slippers are a definite treat!

I haven't done this yet - but thinking about it, I reckon that some different perfume might be a nice treat for me soon. Nothing expensive or flashy - just a little treat to look forward to and that would do me as my little achievement!

Then that could be my nice new fragrance to associate with a more positive outlook for the summer of 2021 - and hopefully something that in the future will bring back memories of the better things that are still to come for us all :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,777 Disability Gamechanger
    I need some slippers maybe when shops open again.  Still waiting for my makeup to come hopefully tomorrow.
  • 66Mustang
    edited April 2021
    Fingers crossed it arrives safely tomorrow @Sandy_123
  • Caz_Alumni
    Has your new make-up arrived yet @Sandy_123?

What a lovely treat! :)

• Sandy_123
    Yay it arrived i can look human again now lol. @Caz_Scope and @66Mustang its been years since I bought new. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I want to treat myself to a new PS5 console but its chaos trying to get one in the shops or online, demand is so great and no seller puts out any info when they are available. Thousands sell in minutes, even seconds and scammers are buying and trying to sell for double the price.
    So today I bought myself some new slippers. Wool lined for warmth and comfort.
    (Well it is something to look forward to)  :)
    Hopefully the PS5s will become more widely available as the year progresses. It has been a rough transition to next gen because so many people just haven't been able to get their hands on one.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Caz_Alumni
    Exellent @Sandy_123 :)

I bet that feels nice to have some brand new make-up! Have you had chance to try it out yet? That should be a bit of fun giving it a 'test-run' ;)

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Caz_Scope if your after affordable perfume try next they have really nice ones around £10
  • janer1967
    I'm waiting for shops to open as I want a new sofa but can't really order online as I need to make sure I can get up off one and transfer into my wheelchair 

The height has to be right as well as being able to push up with arms 

The joys of only having one leg 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Oooh - thanks @janer1967

I'll be honest, I'm not a big shopper at the best of times and I don't go into Next that often - so ordinarily,  I wouldn't have thought of them for perfume. I appreciate the suggestion - thank you :)

And shopping for a new sofa is a big decision. I can totally understand why you need to wait to go out and look round for that in person - but have you spotted any online that you quite like? Or have you not bothered looking yet?

• janer1967
    @Caz_Scope I have seen one online but it is only online store 

I'm wanting a corner one which will hopefully come in 2 parts to get in bungalow 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    So having a broken coil spring (suspension) on my car fixed at just over two hundred pounds today I’m afraid I can’t afford any other luxuries at all for a while. ☹️ Harrumph...

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    @leeCal that’s a shame :( at least it is fixed now and you can treat yourself to some more drives
  • Sandy_123
    @Caz_Scope yeah I've tested it out to sit in the house  :D but I'm popping out tomorrow for a change.
  • fluffycat
    fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
    Cube Unit and LED light strip

More cake!  (only slice so not too naughty!)

Discounted lego

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Not sure if I can call it a treat, but I am excited about it! A graphic designer is creating a new logo for my blog and a social media banner :smiley:
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness