Mattress Donation Collection — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mattress Donation Collection

Options
OverlyAnxious
OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
Is there anywhere that collects good condition mattresses to use for homeless shelters or similar?  

Looking at getting a memory foam mattress myself and wondering if I could donate the old one rather than dump it.  I can't lift it though so would need to be collected from my door.  Won't be until after shops reopen if that helps.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

It isn't really answering your question but if you can't find anywhere to donate I had a new matress and they took old one away 

Maybe try a homeless charity near you to ask them 

Or advertise on a selling site like ebay or Facebook or gumtree , you can advertise it as free to collect 

Hope there is few ideas for you 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would also suggest a site like Facebook selling, people frequently list items of furniture on there for collection. I'm sure somebody would be willing to take it from you and give it a new home.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Freegle would be another place to advertise it for free, needs to be collected
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you tried Emmaus the charity for the homeless, they might have it as long as it has a fire certificate label on it.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks all,

Emmaus don't seem to be collecting furniture due to the pandemic, but that may change with next weeks ease in restrictions. 

I didn't know about the fire label though so will have to check if there is one, can't remember seeing one!

Brightness