Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Mattress Donation Collection

OverlyAnxiousOverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,435 Disability Gamechanger
Is there anywhere that collects good condition mattresses to use for homeless shelters or similar?  

Looking at getting a memory foam mattress myself and wondering if I could donate the old one rather than dump it.  I can't lift it though so would need to be collected from my door.  Won't be until after shops reopen if that helps.

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,120 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

It isn't really answering your question but if you can't find anywhere to donate I had a new matress and they took old one away 

Maybe try a homeless charity near you to ask them 

Or advertise on a selling site like ebay or Facebook or gumtree , you can advertise it as free to collect 

Hope there is few ideas for you 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

Scope community team

I would also suggest a site like Facebook selling, people frequently list items of furniture on there for collection. I'm sure somebody would be willing to take it from you and give it a new home.
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,428 Disability Gamechanger
    Freegle would be another place to advertise it for free, needs to be collected
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 3,632 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you tried Emmaus the charity for the homeless, they might have it as long as it has a fire certificate label on it.
  • OverlyAnxiousOverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,435 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks all,

Emmaus don't seem to be collecting furniture due to the pandemic, but that may change with next weeks ease in restrictions. 

I didn't know about the fire label though so will have to check if there is one, can't remember seeing one!
Sign in or join us to comment.