Prince Phillip RIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Prince Phillip RIP

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    RIP Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    With you there mainly @woodbine - Prince Philip has had an enormous impact both in supporting the Queen, & in the Duke of Edinburgh's Award he instigated. Not every day that our nation loses such a man.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't disagree with it being on all day just not on every channel so at least there is a choice eg was on bbc1 and bbc2 why not just one of them 

Heard lots of people saying about radio today just playing music no adverts,  competitions  etc 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @janer1967 sorry didn't word it well 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Then @woodbine as we normaly do agree to disagree lol ?
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    @janer1967 it was in 1 of the on line papers yesterday that Harry was flying home to support the Queen and go to the funeral.i think he may come alone though. 
     I do like royalty and royal history. @lisathomas50 you can travel for funerals and weddings. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I’d imagine Harry May cone alone, due to the fact the Queen will be limited to 30 to attend. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    This is certainly one of those topics that will generate many mixed opinions as we're bound to have some people who are very passionate about the monarchy and others who are not. As the conversation continues, let's remember to remain respectful of the subject and the people discussing it.

I imagine this is a scenario that some have seen coming for a while, but it will still be a sad time for a lot of people and many of us will be able to empathise with how the family must be feeling over the loss of a loved one.

I'm sure lots of people will be following events closely, especially in relation to whether Harry returns!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I didn't know but senior managements parents met both the Duke and the Queen at four garden parties whilst living and working abroad.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    It’s been confirmed the funeral will take place next Saturday at 15.00.

The funeral will be televised. 

Harry is attending, Megan has been advised not too attend on medical advice. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @MarkN88 thanks for sharing 

Not surprised meghan has been advised to stay away don't think she would be very welcome and its a day to remember Prince Phillip and she won't be in the limelight like she prefers to be 
  • MarkM88
    Coverage is needed but not to the extent it has been. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Now Prince Philips funeral will be all about Harry  and how his presence will affect everything becsuse of the rift 

Yes he has died which is sad but shouldn't they be left alone to grive and pay their respects to their loved one like any other person does 

• Lisatho11987777
    I agree Mike death of a loved one in my opinion is private not to be splashed all over the news and as I said this will be turned into the Harry situation 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Sad news, thoughts are with the queen and the family, he lived a good long life
  • Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Whatever your opinions of royalty,  respecting others have differing opinions makes a tolerant society. I have a lot of respect for the Duke of Edinburgh for his support of the Queen over a huge span. I feel great sadness for her right now having lost a life partner as I do for anyone in the same situation. I feel it was right to show some coverage of his life but feel it was majorly over covered. My thoughts go to the whole family in their grief. 
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    @Pixie51 Definitely, sensitivity and respect for others feelings at a time many are mourning is important right now.  Grief is hard and Prince Phillip's passing has served to remind many people of their own losses.

As advised by @Adrian_Scope earlier, can we continue to keep conversation on-topic and respectful please.  I understand the varied views on this thread, as they reflect the spectrum held across society, but remember to keep things in accordance with our guidelines.

As an aside, I hope this event will help bring William and Harry closer together.  Difficult times put things in perspective don't they?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    it is very sad that he has died but I don't understand why BBC1, BBC2 and ITV1 cancelled all their programmes because of it. BBC1 cancelled all of their other programmes from 11.45am Friday morning till 6.00am yesterday morning. Surely a couple of hours of reflecting on his life would have been enough was it really necessary to put it on all 3 channels.
  • Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    The joy of the media is whatever your opinion you can always find an article to match it such is media nowadays. My thoughts stay with the royal family. 
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Sad news, thoughts are with the queen and the family, He had a fantastic life.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness