Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is chloejade! UC and carer's allowance question

chloejadechloejade Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 12 in Universal Credit
If the person I cared for is no longer entitled to carers allowance and the money they took for carers allowance of my uc is put back into my uc do I still pay the person carers allowance money? 


  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 1,620 Pioneering
    If the CA was being deducted from your UC I infer the person you cared for was a partner who was included on your claim. In that case the UC payment is for both of you to do what you wish with.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,524

    Scope community team

    Hello @chloejade and welcome to the community, I hope you are well.

    I hope the above response has been helpful, I have moved your query to our Universal Credit category.
    Online Community Coordinator

    Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

    Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
Sign in or join us to comment.