Hi, my name is chloejade! UC and carer's allowance question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is chloejade! UC and carer's allowance question

chloejade
chloejade Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
If the person I cared for is no longer entitled to carers allowance and the money they took for carers allowance of my uc is put back into my uc do I still pay the person carers allowance money? 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    If the CA was being deducted from your UC I infer the person you cared for was a partner who was included on your claim. In that case the UC payment is for both of you to do what you wish with.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @chloejade and welcome to the community, I hope you are well.

I hope the above response has been helpful, I have moved your query to our Universal Credit category.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.