Pip review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

mariequirk
mariequirk Community member Posts: 38 Connected
Hi all, thanks in advance for any help. 
I have been trying to deal with mental health and wide spread pain for a lot of years. I have completed a pip review approx eight weeks ago. I still haven’t heard anything, I have had hip, back, neck , elbow pain and for the later four I have never had any points for that as I didn’t have any medical reports to support this, recently I have had full spinal mri scan and have been to told I cannot have surgery on lumber spine nhs can offer spinal pain relief injection. My cervical spine I have been told it will never get any better and may stay the same or get worse and if I want I can be referred to neurologist for surgery. 

Has any one experienced this so I can maybe have some insight as to what to expect. 

Sorry for the long message

thanks marie

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @mariequirk and welcome to scope, sorry to hear about all the problems you are having, you should remember that PIP isn't about your illness/conditions but how they affect your daily living/mobility, if you sent your review back 8 weeks ago I would call them and see when your assessment is likely to be, a lot of things have been held up due to covid.
    If we can be of further help please just ask.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• mariequirk
    Thank you so much. I will call them tomorrow. Thank you for taking time to message me, I really appreciate it. 
  • mariequirk
    I must say my anxiety goes through the roof when I have to speak to them, a lot not all are not empathic or help full. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Hi @mariequirk

Did you manage to give them a call?  How did it go?  I hope you managed to get through to someone helpful and your anxiety wasn't too bad.  

Please let us know how you got on :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • mariequirk
    I couldn’t do it my anxiety went through the roof, I think I will just wait until they contact me. Thank you for asking though. 
  • joethebear
    joethebear Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Don't know if you have mobile phone number on form I would advise it because you get txt saying they've received form also give you time and date of assessment which is good because the letter I received telling me date and time arrived 3 days after assessment !!! Good luck 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited April 2021
    Hi @mariequirk

Sorry to hear that this has been making you feel so anxious. It's completely understandable to feel concerned about the process of applying for PIP and waiting for the results of your review. 

Whatever you choose to do - whether you get in touch or wait to be contacted - I just wanted to ask if you had any particular strategies for managing your anxiety? For example, do you have any relaxing activities or mindfulness techniques that you would normally do to help relieve your stress or take your mind off your current concerns? 

If not, then the MIND website has some useful advice on self-care for anxiety, so you might want to check out the link to those resources. I know I've often found that taking a bit of time to focus and reflect on my own mental health needs has helped my anxiety issues in the past. Or alternatively, just keep chatting to us on here to help keep you occupied whilst you're waiting to find out more. You're very welcome to do just that :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • mariequirk
    thank you thank you so much. 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    No problem at all, @mariequirk!

I'm hoping that the past couple of days have proved to be a bit easier for you, especially with the lovely, sunny weather that we've been having? That always helps to brighten my day a little bit :)

All the best with everything and don't forget that we're here if you ever want to chat. 
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • niknoo
    niknoo Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Hi all, thanks in advance for any help. 
    I have been trying to deal with mental health and wide spread pain for a lot of years. I have completed a pip review approx eight weeks ago. I still haven’t heard anything, I have had hip, back, neck , elbow pain and for the later four I have never had any points for that as I didn’t have any medical reports to support this, recently I have had full spinal mri scan and have been to told I cannot have surgery on lumber spine nhs can offer spinal pain relief injection. My cervical spine I have been told it will never get any better and may stay the same or get worse and if I want I can be referred to neurologist for surgery. 

Has any one experienced this so I can maybe have some insight as to what to expect. 

Sorry for the long message

thanks marie
    I would definitely try to pluck up the courage to ring them, see where they’re at. 

I had my PIP review not long ago, and was re-awarded within 5 weeks of posting off the dreaded forms. 

I thought I’d be turned down when I got a dreaded brown envelope so quickly, as I hadn’t even had an assessment call, nothing! 

Hopefully you’ll be re-awarded and hear from them very soon ❤️
  • mariequirk
    edited April 2021
    Thank you for all your kind words and putting my mind a little more clearer. 

@niknoo , I’m not very technical. Iv not even has a letter, call or text to say they have received my review and medical reports. 

Thank you
    kind regards
    marie. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.